Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 11:27 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,923,606 times

Advertisements

When I was in Costa Rica in 2001, one of the places I stayed was a hotel high on a hill called El Ocotal. Raccoons were jumping all over the tables trying to steal food. One of them stuck his claw in my bread basket. I found it to be very annoying, but I guess some people thought it was cute. The food there was bad anyway and overpriced, but there wasn't really any other place to go. But eating with raccoons isn't enjoyable (or sanitary) to me. I guess I saw enough of them when I lived on Sanibel. OMG..you couldn't even take your trash out at night, and had to wait until the morning of pickup. I love animals, however, so it's hard to think of shooting them just because we've screwed up the natural balance of the planet. My neighbor in PC was leaving her garage door open enough for her cats to go in and out at night, but she now keeps it closed all the way since a raccoon paid her a visit!

I know this is a Cape Coral thread, so sorry for going off topic, but out of curiosity I googled the hotel name in Costa Rica and the word raccoon and saw some recent pics of raccoons hanging around the restaurant at night. So I guess they're still doing it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 06:27 PM

2 posts, read 6,149 times
Default Raccoons on the loose

Raccoons are nocturnal. The trouble is the food schedule. They aren't finding their food sources readily at night anymore. They are hitting up the dumpsters or maybe your cat food that you place outside your door soon after it's brought out. They are on our schedules now because they are very opportunistic animals. We are giving them the opportunity and they are taking advantage of it. I catch these buggers for a living. They can become very aggressive when cornered or when they are protecting their young. Usually though, you wouldn't have a problem with them. As someone mentioned earlier. They usually take off unless there is something wrong with them or they are used to humans.

You can get some more info from my website or ask any questions if you'd like. I'd be glad to help. Raccoon Removal Services - Raccoon Control, Raccoon Removal, Raccoon Trapping - Fort Myers, Florida
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area