Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 07:00 PM

646 posts, read 1,641,855 times

Advertisements

I agree about southern, when the front of your home is north facing your curb appeal may lack. Great point!!!!
My side yard with north facing is hard to landscape, so I put a fence up and store my cans there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2011, 07:15 AM

397 posts, read 813,509 times
Thanks for your responses. This is just one of the things I want to take into consideration when we come down.
I don't want to say "geez, we should of done this or that"

Old 04-03-2011, 09:31 PM

515 posts, read 1,590,141 times
SOUTHERN exposure is the only way to go......if you love the sun. we have sun all day on our lanai and pool. Watch the sun come up down the lake to the left and set down the other end of the lake to our right. Our friends across the lake, north facing rear, get A LOT OF SHADE year round on there pool and lanai. Not for us.

I designed our pool to take advantage of the lake and sunsets.

We have a north facing, front of the house with spectacular curb appeal. The house directly across from me is a south facing front, husband and wife are both lawyers, the local rock pit has more curb appeal than their house. Their the lucky ones, they get to enjoy seeing my house everyday. I've got to look at their crap everyday.

Last edited by tjstrain; 04-03-2011 at 09:53 PM..

Old 04-04-2011, 06:12 AM

515 posts, read 1,590,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart1947 View Post
I don't want to say "geez, we should of done this or that"
then you better rent and get to know the area. Rent for one year, it will fly by and you will be sure of your decision when you do buy. Don't jump into a foreclosure purchase just because it's a great deal. You might end up hating the community or your neighbors.

Old 04-04-2011, 12:42 PM

646 posts, read 1,641,855 times
Awesome pics!!!!!!!

Old 04-04-2011, 04:14 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,090,272 times
I have multiple lots and none have the same exposure. The one that I think works best is front facing east and the lanai facing west. The one that I think works worst is northern exposure front and the lanai having southern exposure. Mostly for the reason of little sun on. The north facing front does hinder landscaping and the summer sun on the south facing is too hot and if you have a pool could also make too hot......for the snowbird it is probably more desirable to have the southern lanai due to warmer in winter, pool probably doesn't need to be heated as much. But I find west facing lanai best of all worlds

Old 04-04-2011, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by equalrightsforeveryone View Post
Our's is facing west the lanai that is. To me it works the best You get lots of morning sun in the winter, we only have one window that faces south so it keeps the home cooler in the summer, and the windows get only sun in the late afternoon on the west side. If it's too much sun then you always have the option of putting in some blinds for the late afternoon lanai use. The way the homes are built here the majority of the windows are on the front and rear of the house.
As far as the pool goes if you choose solar option for heating the pool in the winter it doesn't really matter where the pool is located as long as the solar panels are in the right place.
I can't figure how you get a morning sun with a western exposure

Old 04-04-2011, 04:56 PM

There seems to be a lot of different opinions on this subject.
I guess if I find a house I like, I'll get a case of beer and sit on the lanai all day to see if I like it before buying it.
As far as renting, I have never rented in my life and don't plan to start now. I equate renting to pissing in the wind. Now, don't take offense, that's just my opinion.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:17 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,090,272 times
i'm sure after drinking a case of beer you'll love whatever.

Old 04-04-2011, 06:31 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,529,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfart1947 View Post
I can't figure how you get a morning sun with a western exposure
It doesn't seem to happen at my house.

I would do southern or east. I have west and north. If you are going to eat outside you get blinded by the sun setting and I have to close the blinds in the kitchen also. It also takes longer for the pool water to heat up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area