Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2013, 09:36 AM

2,407 posts, read 3,186,786 times

Advertisements

My husband and I just got back from a trip to Bonita Springs. While we were there we looked at the new Toll Brothers development, Bonita Lakes and really liked it. It is very new so there are only a few homes built so far. The sales rep said the HOA fees were $265/mo now but would go up some when the amenities center was complete early next year. She said they that they were "targeting" to stay under $300/mo.

I wanted to see how that compared to the other 3 TB developments that are further along near Bonitia Lakes, so I looked up homes for sale in Belle Lago (Estero), Firano (Naples), and The Reserve in Estero. Belle Lago is $374/mo, Firano is $354/mo and The Reserve is $238/mo.

Can anyone tell my why the big difference between Belle Lago and The Reserve since they seem to be right next to each other? According to the TB website there isn't much difference in the amenities.

I realize the builder controls the HOA and subsidizes it while the building is going on, but I am concerned that they are holding the HOA fees artificially low to get initial sales and will raise them significantly once the amenities center is built.

Anybody had experience with Toll Brothers new communities and HOAs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 04:13 PM

2 posts, read 15,174 times
I would be interested in hearing a reply to this, as we too are looking at Bonita Lakes!!

Old 04-04-2013, 08:22 PM

515 posts, read 1,589,792 times
Bonita Lakes is VERY close to I-75 and Three Oaks/Imperial Parkway. YOU WILL HEAR NOISE FROM THOSE TWO ROADS.
Please read the fine print somewhere in the sales center that states " whatever the sales people tells you is not legal and binding" that means they can say anything and the builder does not care or is not effected by what they tell you when selling you a home.
Go there during high traffic times, or times you might think that you would like to be enjoying your peaceful outdoor lanai.
Just saying....

Old 04-20-2013, 07:44 AM

2 posts, read 15,174 times
Funny you should mention the noise tjstrain. That is our only concern with the neighborhood. My thoughtis are that once all the houses and landscaping are in, the noise might be absorbed. We are going to take a look again in October. By that time there should be quite a few homes built in the first phase. We are interested in the second phase as it will be further from the highway.

Old 06-09-2013, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 7,225 times
It s a fantastic place ! Noise ? Can hardly hear it! It's quiet and beautiful! Just moved here ! Love it. Dave G

Last edited by Goodyetc; 06-09-2013 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: Spelling error

Old 04-25-2015, 07:51 PM

93 posts, read 175,827 times
Anyone else with updates since? Thanks!

Old 04-26-2015, 10:30 AM

19,429 posts, read 27,808,716 times
No, but we live in a new build Toll community in Raleigh, NC. The homes that are directly on a busy street are terribly noisy. The other homes are pretty much fine. Based on our community, the prior poster (as well as TB) who said that "once all the houses and landscaping are in, the noise might be absorbed" will be sadly disappointed IF that home is right on the road.

That said, we are well satisfied with our TB home. (though it wasn't cheap!) Others in the community are less pleased (mostly those who previously owned true custom homes),

HOA fees vary within our TB subdivision. Some are townhouses, so include outside structure insurance and some outside lawncare, outside painting, etc. Other SFR only include the HOA and public area maintenance. Our SFR area includes lawn care and bush trimming as well as HOA and public area maintenance. You have to dig deeper to understand why each area may have different monthly HOA fees.

Old 04-28-2015, 12:57 PM

30 posts, read 59,779 times
We live in Osprey Cove, right next to the two complexes on Estero Parkway, and even closer to US 41. Noise is not an issue, unless you face US 41. We even have the new 'WalMart' going in this summer,...we will see if that presents any issues or not,....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area