Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 06:41 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,089,107 times

Advertisements

Oh this is the Ft myers forum? I thought I was reading the 10 plagues from Moses freeing his people from Egypt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 07:57 PM

57 posts, read 124,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I hope no one really believes this post. Is this supposed to be an "onion" story.
LOL well I have to admit I was a little creeped out especially over the roach pics. I can tolerate any insect, but HATE roaches. It seems like FLorida and TX are about the same when it comes to critters and pests. although we don't have gators and 'no see ums' here in Austin ( I had never heard of them till this group, had to look it up).
That does suck that her neighbor created a roach infestation. I would've done the same thing she did and move out. How awful :-/

Old 11-23-2013, 06:42 PM

254 posts, read 433,482 times
Rainbow, I think you're in the right mindset. Don't listen to all the Naysayers. There are opportunities here. I recently left my good paying job to start another. There weren't "hundreds" of applicants and this certainly isn't a highly specialized job I'm in. But it pays well, benefits are great, and they're an international corporation.

I understand why you want to get out of Austin. Want to trade places? lol. We visited the city last year. My first time in Texas. Very cool town. But when we travel, we like to "look at how the locals live" and couldn't believe the rent/housing availability (prices.)

Do your research, try to line up a few job prospects before coming. Rent a room from your friend, and have fun.

oh, and These are the subtropics. Invest in a decent pest control program and you won't have to worry about the "thousands" of roaches in your house. Love bugs happen twice a year. May and September. That picture is not the norm for a window. You'll get them on your car, but they wash off.

Old 11-23-2013, 11:52 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,089,107 times
Lee is lower unemployment than state and national avg

Old 11-24-2013, 11:43 AM

57 posts, read 124,950 times
Hey thanks for the encouraging post GRNDHG! I'm aware there are problems but I'm not going to let them deter me. There is no such thing as a perfect place, at least not in this lifetime on Earth. :-)

Yeah 10 yrs in Austin has been fun, but it's time to move on to something new.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:26 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,330,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowlove83 View Post
Hey thanks for the encouraging post GRNDHG! I'm aware there are problems but I'm not going to let them deter me. There is no such thing as a perfect place, at least not in this lifetime on Earth. :-)

Yeah 10 yrs in Austin has been fun, but it's time to move on to something new.
There are so many places to go within an half hour drive. Just a few are Fort Myers Beach, Sanibel, Captiva, Pine Island, Downtown Fort Myers. As long as one can find a job, I don't see how they could not love this area.

Old 11-24-2013, 06:05 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,958,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
I hope no one really believes this post. Is this supposed to be an "onion" story.
Believes what! The pictures? Those I took all those other then the snake one.. The bug infestation is real. Know your neighbors, especially if they are hoarders. Those are from in my house, we had had it bombed 3 times and finally walked away from everything we owned and got a lawyer. It happens all the time , just because it hasn't happen to you doesn't mean it can't or won't.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetbottoms View Post
Believes what! The pictures? Those I took all those other then the snake one.. The bug infestation is real. Know your neighbors, especially if they are hoarders. Those are from in my house, we had had it bombed 3 times and finally walked away from everything we owned and got a lawyer. It happens all the time , just because it hasn't happen to you doesn't mean it can't or won't.
And it doesn't mean it is representative of this area!

Old 11-24-2013, 09:18 PM

8 posts, read 29,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QubanitoLoco View Post
If you are not an elderly republican 65+, stay away from SWFL....
THIS IS SO TRUE

Old 12-05-2013, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QubanitoLoco View Post
If you are not an elderly republican 65+, stay away from SWFL....
The median age in Cape Coral is 42. I don't know what you are talking about. You obviously have not been here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area