Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2014, 03:37 PM

3 posts, read 7,517 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I know there are a lot of similar threads about this on this forum but most of them seem to be outdated.

Here is a little background: I am a 23 year old male moving to the Fort Myers area from New Jersey. I have never even been to Fort Myers before and don't know a single person who lives within 3 hours of the area. I have to find a place before the end of March and wanted to find a place that is safe but has fun things to do.

I have to do a lot of traveling for my job; as far north as Sarasota and as far south as Naples so I thought Fort Myers would be centrally located. I will be doing most of my work in Fort Myers/Naples so I was thinking that somewhere a little south of fort myers would be good. Considering I am still young I would not mind there being a lot of college kids around so places closes to FGCU would not bother me, I just don't want to live in an area with a lot of violent crimes.

I'm really looking for a 1 bedroom apartment so if anyone could recommend me an apartment complex that is in a safe and fun area that'd help me out a lot. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2014, 08:23 AM

544 posts, read 1,439,573 times
I know a lot of peeps your age who live in Bonita Springs and love it. My hubby wants to move down there as well so we're strongly considering it.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:53 AM

3,848 posts, read 7,963,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb1990 View Post
Hello everyone. I know there are a lot of similar threads about this on this forum but most of them seem to be outdated.

Here is a little background: I am a 23 year old male moving to the Fort Myers area from New Jersey. I have never even been to Fort Myers before and don't know a single person who lives within 3 hours of the area. I have to find a place before the end of March and wanted to find a place that is safe but has fun things to do.

I have to do a lot of traveling for my job; as far north as Sarasota and as far south as Naples so I thought Fort Myers would be centrally located. I will be doing most of my work in Fort Myers/Naples so I was thinking that somewhere a little south of fort myers would be good. Considering I am still young I would not mind there being a lot of college kids around so places closes to FGCU would not bother me, I just don't want to live in an area with a lot of violent crimes.

I'm really looking for a 1 bedroom apartment so if anyone could recommend me an apartment complex that is in a safe and fun area that'd help me out a lot. Thank you.

If you don't want violent crimes I suggest Estero. Ft. Myers, Other then a few communities is in the news nightly for murders, shootings, stabbings, robberies, murder/suicide and cop involved shootings. They went months with a major vilolent crime. Expect to dish out $ for a decent place. Most are gojng to be close to $1000 a month. Naples is a retirement community and outside of FGCU there it's much "nightlife" to speak of. There's a hockey rink and movies for entertainment. Most things around town happen in season. Outside of season (the summer) it's too hot so they're won't be any outdoor festivals and things going on. It gets pretty dead.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:11 PM

7 posts, read 10,537 times
Default Fort Myers is a great area to live

If you haven't already moved and found a place, I would recommend to Daniels Parkway area. Close to everything. Safe neighborhoods and safe area in general. If you cannot find an apartment to rent. You should also look at private rentals such as condos. The summers bring summertime activities. Floating in the pool. Going to the beach and not having to deal with so many tourists. The summers are my favorite time of year. Good luck and once settled. You will love the area.

Old 06-07-2014, 01:33 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,333,723 times
If I was 23 I would consider downtown Fort Myers or Fort Myers Beach. Both areas are popping with bars and young people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area