Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 09:47 AM

205 posts, read 421,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by so954 View Post
Not over developed means it is developed but not over developed, and uninhabited island does not fit this category.
Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 10:01 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,486,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easytim View Post
The developers would remove the mangroves haul in sand for the beaches and pay the fines $$$ later. The removing of mangroves has happened on Pine Island numerous times before.

Fines and rules aside(which would make it nearly impossible to sustain because they make you revert it back to mangroves after caught/fined), making a man made beach wouldn't turn it into Gulf frontage. It's still brown stained estuary/bay water. It wouldn't have the seashells, sea turtles, sunsets, gulf beach waves, etc.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:25 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,626,350 times
Default DON'T DUMP the PLAN

I seen these signs ALL OVER the island. As an outsider can someone explain what they mean.

Old 06-29-2015, 12:56 PM

77 posts, read 103,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easytim View Post
Cayo Costa, Patricio Island, Cayo Pelau, Egmont Key, Shell Key, Whale Island are the peaches.

Pine Island Marco Island and Sanibel are apples

You can't compare the two. It's about becoming an over developed island the next (Sanibel or Marco Island) and it's not about the 1600 undeveloped islands in the Keys or ten thousand Islands of other undeveloped islands in the region

Nothing misleading or wrong about that, I'm sure you get it, If not, then you have other interest $

You CAN compare the 2 groups. Both groups are ISLANDS. I'm not the one using the term "Very last Florida ISLAND". I'm only quoting it. I have no $ interest in Pine Island, and this is the first I have heard of the Pine Island plan. But, when I read, "...very last Florida Island...", I read that sentence again, because I assumed I must have read it wrong. I thought nobody could be that "geographically challenged".

Old 06-29-2015, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Not over developed means it is developed but not over developed, and uninhabited island does not fit this category.

Well, then it should say that, but it doesn't. Maybe it should say very last inhabited island that is not over developed. They need to change their wording to reflect that, and I'll drop the issue like a hot rock. But, right now, it looks glaringly false, and it looks like that sentence was written by someone who has never set foot in Florida.

Last edited by PonceDeLeon; 06-29-2015 at 01:13 PM..

Old 06-29-2015, 08:15 PM

12,016 posts, read 12,760,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PonceDeLeon View Post
Well, then it should say that, but it doesn't. Maybe it should say very last inhabited island that is not over developed. They need to change their wording to reflect that, and I'll drop the issue like a hot rock. But, right now, it looks glaringly false, and it looks like that sentence was written by someone who has never set foot in Florida.
but not over developed means exactly what it says. Developed but not overly so. Undeveloped is a different situation that does not apply here. It says what it says, you just may not have understood it.

Old 06-29-2015, 09:20 PM

We do know that it's the Very Last

Old 06-30-2015, 03:48 AM

JERSEY MAN - About the Pine Island Plan

BOCC = Board of County Commissioners

Old 07-03-2015, 01:14 AM

Quote:
but not over developed means exactly what it says. Developed but not overly so. Undeveloped is a different situation that does not apply here. It says what it says, you just may not have understood it.

According to that reasoning, someone could take an undeveloped island, and do a little development on it, and .. voila! It becomes what you would define as an island that is "not over-developed". (I say it was already "not over-developed" when it was I it's undeveloped state.) Do you see the folly in your definition? I'm saying that UN-developed is "not over-developed", while your definition would make it so that doing some construction on undeveloped islands creates more islands that are "not over-developed". Clear as mud! LOL!

Last edited by PonceDeLeon; 07-03-2015 at 01:25 AM..

Old 07-03-2015, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PonceDeLeon View Post
According to that reasoning, someone could take an undeveloped island, and do a little development on it, and .. voila! It becomes what you would define as an island that is "not over-developed". (I say it was already "not over-developed" when it was I it's undeveloped state.) Do you see the folly in your definition? I'm saying that UN-developed is "not over-developed", while your definition would make it so that doing some construction on undeveloped islands creates more islands that are "not over-developed". Clear as mud! LOL!

Don't give up
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area