Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 05:06 AM

319 posts, read 612,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by easytim View Post
BUG MAN - you just don't get it
Number 1 in Government Corruption

OP

Thank you for the link, it is exactly what you started the post about, almost word for word.

Let me be more clear:

I work in this industry, I am regulated by all of these agencies, Dept Ag, EPA, and those Best Management Practices they talk about in your link.

These new regs have cost me personally an additional $10,000 this year alone. They are annual and are a directly tied to my growth, meaning my costs will go up year over year.

Amendment 1, sponsored by you, the Sierras and other like minded people who feel government regulation is the only way to control greedy capitalists like me are, to put it mildly, SICK. There is something broken if you feel adding layers of government will fix our societal issues.

Before you loose your hair and verbally blast me...

I never said I did not believe in clean air or water, not once did I say "No" to conservation and land protection.

There has to be a better way that doesn't involve Amendments so broadly worded that it turns into a 20 year piggy bank and more regulation on private business.

I hate to tell you this, most of Amendment 1 doesn't even effect Agricultural. Which is over 15% of the land use in Fl.

We passed a constitutional amendment (a 20 year cash boondoggle) in the hopes that we would figure out as a society how to stop polluting our water, set aside preservation areas, and regulate fertilizer use of the everyday homeowner.

Just pointing out a few of the highlights.

We are a tourist state, a retirement state and a recreation state (fishing, golf, boating). You don't need amendments you need building codes, set asides and effective electric motors for boats.

Last edited by BugManTPC; 10-13-2015 at 05:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2015, 07:56 PM

205 posts, read 422,183 times
How much did they steal? And where did it go?

The infuriating details are spelled out in a lawsuit filed by Earthjustice on behalf of the Florida Wildlife Federation, the Sierra Club

and other conservation groups. Only about 7 percent of Amendment One money - $50 million - was set aside for new land.

They screwed the people, PERIOD - it can't be any more clear than that.

Florida is the most corrupt State in America, Ya there is something broken alright

DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH - READ AND DON'T LOSE YOUR HAIR

Harvard finds Florida among most politically corrupt states in U.S.------DATED September 25, 2015
http://floridapolitics.com/archives/...corrupt-states

Between 1998 and 2007, 824 public officials in Florida were convicted on public corruption charges at the local, state and federal level
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...es-in-america/

Study ranks Florida No. 1 in government corruption
In five of the last 12 years, the study shows, Florida led all states in at least one category: It had the most criminal convictions among people in government.
http://www.tbo.com/ap/politics/study...ruption-409916

Last edited by easytim; 10-13-2015 at 08:53 PM..

Old 10-13-2015, 08:43 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,338,017 times
Put your trust in government and you will find yourself getting screwed more often that not. And not just in the state of Florida.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Put your trust in government and you will find yourself getting screwed more often that not. And not just in the state of Florida.
Very True, and people need to be made award of the kind of government we have here in Florida.

Florida is the NUMBER #1 most corrupt State in America --------------------- NUMBER #1

What they did with the Amendment One money is a very good example of this.

Last edited by easytim; 10-13-2015 at 09:05 PM..

Old 10-14-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easytim View Post
Very True, and people need to be made award of the kind of government we have here in Florida.

Florida is the NUMBER #1 most corrupt State in America --------------------- NUMBER #1

Wha.
Thankfully most of the violators of Ethics and corruption charges are Democrats. We need less liberalism and Progressivism disguised as Conservationists and Tree Huggers.

BTW, if you read you own links, The Dakotas are the most corrupt.

We will see how the lawsuit goes, all of my research indicates they appropriated the money within the guidelines everyone who agreed with Amend. 1 voted for.

Next time don't vote for something that isn't specific.

You have 19 more years to complain about this. It will be the same year or year.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:07 AM

Finally, OP

Your corruption claim is based on statistics gathered by Harvard.

Harvard surveyed New Reporters who covered government officials elected and otherwise that lead to convictions across all three branches.

Your stats are based on a Survey, a Survey, a Survey....

And you still read it wrong.

Please don't present evidence without reading it.

Old 10-14-2015, 09:14 AM

The corruption came about when Rethuglican's were running Florida and this corruption still continues today.

All of this has been done when the Rethuglican's are Office - do your home work

THE FACTS ARE THE FACTS

Old 10-14-2015, 08:30 PM

Default See this chart

Click on the chart below, this is from the Department of Justice - this is not a study - these are the facts and THE FACTS ARE THE FACTS

.https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...es-in-america/

Attached Thumbnails
The looting of Florida's Amendment One-most.jpg  

Old 10-14-2015, 09:57 PM

390 posts, read 635,747 times
Convictions per capita had florida at 14th. We're squeaky clean compared to a lot of them. ^.^

That's if you consider a Washington post article to be believable.

Old 10-15-2015, 01:55 AM

The source of that chart showing Convictions did not come from the WASHINGTON POST

IT CAME FROM THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE. Sorry, your not squeaky clean, your the NUMBER #1 most corrupt in America.

LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE CHART - Again the facts don't lie, don't even try to tell me the DEPT OF JUSTICE IS LYING

NUMBER #1

Attached Thumbnails
The looting of Florida's Amendment One-justice-1.jpg  

Last edited by easytim; 10-15-2015 at 02:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area