Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 06:21 AM

296 posts, read 319,348 times

Advertisements

Is there a mall in Ft Myers similar to UTC in Sarasota? We are going to Myers for the day and we do not know ft Myers very well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2016, 07:11 AM

195 posts, read 271,998 times
Fort Myers has the Edison Mall located on 41. Going South on I 75 there is a large Outlet Mall, Miromar Outlets, at exit 123.
There is also the Gulf Coast Town Center at the Alico Rd exit.

Old 04-23-2016, 07:29 AM

296 posts, read 319,348 times
Perfect, thanks.
Seen a fancy type mall on google down in Naples.....

Old 04-23-2016, 07:43 AM

390 posts, read 635,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetdoc3037 View Post
Perfect, thanks.
Seen a fancy type mall on google down in Naples.....
I'm guessing you're referring to Mercato. It is pretty cool. Bring lots of money if you're going there. It isn't for penny pincers. Coconut Point in Estero is much bigger with a lot more options. I'd pick that over the Edison Mall.

Last edited by NoSnow4me; 04-23-2016 at 08:23 AM..

Old 04-23-2016, 08:07 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
If you go to the Edison Mall keep a close eye on your surroundings. The locals call it "The Ghetto Mall" for a reason. Unfortunately it's the only indoor mall in the area which is crazy when you consider how hot it is here for so many months.

Old 04-23-2016, 06:59 PM

93 posts, read 175,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
If you go to the Edison Mall keep a close eye on your surroundings. The locals call it "The Ghetto Mall" for a reason. Unfortunately it's the only indoor mall in the area which is crazy when you consider how hot it is here for so many months.
Agreed, I'd skip it.

Gulf Coast Town Center is nice.

Miromar Outlets is a nice collection of outlets.

Coconut Point in Estero is also nice.

For malls in Naples, I like Mercato, Waterside Shops, and Coastland Center (indoors)

I'd rather go online shopping than venture to Edison Mall.

Old 04-23-2016, 09:15 PM

122 posts, read 201,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSnow4me View Post
I'm guessing you're referring to Mercato. It is pretty cool. Bring lots of money if you're going there. It isn't for penny pincers. Coconut Point in Estero is much bigger with a lot more options. I'd pick that over the Edison Mall.
I believe you are thinking of Waterside shops, which is an upscale high end mall. Mercato is cool but not alot of choices, more known for its night scene,(dining, bars) and also Whole Foods Market than its shopping. Coconut Point, Gulf Coast and Miromar outlets are really nice large outdoor malls and alot more to do.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:31 AM

1,886 posts, read 1,839,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Yikes, I was going to stop at the Edison Mall when I come down there at the end of May.
Guess I'll skip it!! LOLOL

Old 04-25-2016, 08:40 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,315,114 times
There really is nothing at the Edison Mall that you can't find elsewhere at Gulf Coast Town Center or Coconut Point. The only good thing I can say about the Edison Mall is it is air conditioned. I really don't know why all the new, nicer malls are more like giant shopping centers with no way to escape Florida's heat, humidity and rain for 8 months out of the year. Plus you have to get in and out of your car numerous times because the stores are spread out all over.

Oh and if you hate the pushy salespeople at the kiosks you will hate the Edison Mall. But if you do go, don't park in a secluded part of the mall and keep your eye on your surroundings. Don't be talking on your cell phone while walking to your car. Common sense for us women but too many people don't pay attention. A lady had her purse snatched there a few weeks ago, she was a senior and was knocked to the ground.

Old 04-25-2016, 09:49 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyRoos View Post
Yikes, I was going to stop at the Edison Mall when I come down there at the end of May.
Guess I'll skip it!! LOLOL
Morning and early afternoon hours during the week at Edison Mall aren't bad at all. Most of the "undesirables" are in their classrooms at those times. Parking is closer and crowds are sparse inside at those times. Weekends, summertime (after noon), and after sunset.......good times to avoid.

I think you're at greater risk around Edison mall, when in the parking lot. Inside is pretty well monitored.

CN.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area