Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:39 AM

403 posts, read 1,193,538 times

Advertisements

Just a follow up. Spoke to a few people..

Taxes are between 2-4K, as long as you're not waterfront.
Insurance ranges because of waterfront and flood zones. Expect to pay 2-5K.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 05:10 PM

53 posts, read 201,361 times
So within Cape Coral there are areas which are and are not flood zones? I thought the whole Cape was too close to sea level for any area to be exempt. I need to find out more about this. Thanks again.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:09 AM

172 posts, read 945,791 times
Check that you already have city water before buying any home. The hook up is EXPENSIVE! NW Cape is pretty quiet because it's way out. It started to get built up but then the bubble popped so there are a lot of vacant houses. Honestly, if you're looking to buy and then rent it out, I don't think you're going to get too many people interested in renting that far out. SE Cape is always my suggestion because it's closer to Fort Myers if a commute is necessary, and it's closer to "downtown" Cape Coral, and I just like it better You can avoid all the construction that's going on everywhere else in the Cape because the SE is already pretty well established.

I think anything east of Del Prado is in a flood zone. The rest is okay. (well, as okay as you can be when you're less than 10 feet above sea level)

Old 03-11-2008, 07:30 AM

VERY VERY good point. Being out of the area, I quickly tried to forget about the water assessment projects. If you land in an area that doesn't have city water, you'll have a GIGANTIC invoice to worry about once complete.

http://www.capecoral.net

I'd avoid NW/NE Cape if I were you. SE and SW are where everyone wants to live.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:40 AM

159 posts, read 551,268 times
Thumbs up Housing Update

There was an article in the paper the other day on how the Cape has attracted more potential buyers for the month of Febuary compared to the rest off Lee County.

I don't remember the exact numbers but there was an increase in sales pending.It was a nice shot in the arm for Cape Coral.

I agree also about S/E cause I live there.

Good luck in your search.

Old 05-02-2008, 04:49 AM

2 posts, read 5,144 times
I need cape coral property appraiser website so that i can check if assessments has been paid on a property

Old 05-02-2008, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john peters View Post
I need cape coral property appraiser website so that i can check if assessments has been paid on a property
Google is your friend? Took 1.5 seconds.

Lee County Property Line

Old 05-02-2008, 05:31 AM

2 posts, read 5,144 times
Which website shoulg i go to to confirm mortgage history of a property in florida?

Old 05-02-2008, 06:22 AM

553 posts, read 1,934,880 times
Taxes 1.7 % of value . 200k home 3400 a year. HOI 1500 to 2 k . I just purchased a home and that is what it is in the sw area of the cape . HOI depends on flood 15 without 2k with. taxes are without homestead. Now is a great time to buy , you have great choices at great priceing and interest rates for mortgages are very low.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:56 AM

159 posts, read 551,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY62 View Post
Taxes 1.7 % of value . 200k home 3400 a year. HOI 1500 to 2 k . I just purchased a home and that is what it is in the sw area of the cape . HOI depends on flood 15 without 2k with. taxes are without homestead. Now is a great time to buy , you have great choices at great priceing and interest rates for mortgages are very low.
Welcome to the Cape.

You just made it in time to quailfy for homesteading in Januray. Must be a resident for 6 months prior to filing.
Make sure you have Fl drivers licence, car regsitered, voters registartaion and some of electric bill in your name along with your SS card.

Call them and see what else you need just in case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area