Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 09:29 PM

119 posts, read 472,685 times

Advertisements

Bar Louie sounds like the type of place I'm looking for. I'll have to check it out. GCTC is one of the few places I haven't explored yet in the area and it sounds like I really should.

It seems like there are some things to do if you know where to look, which is good. Are there good nightlife spots in Naples as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2008, 06:40 AM

1,451 posts, read 2,490,553 times
mostly anything to do in Naples is gonna be downtown on 5th or 3rd. You can try Tommy Bahamas and there's some pubs and resturants and clubs on 5th.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:16 AM

25 posts, read 142,282 times
The usual haunts:
Bar Louie (one at GCTC and one at Edison)
blu (one on McGregor and one at GCTC)
Cru (41 and Daniels at Bell Tower)
The Joint (Cape Harbor, but has started to die out)
Dek (back streets 15th I think off 47th terrace in the cape)

Downtown is a great pub crawl:
Baccas,
City Tavern,
French Connection (late night eats and booze), Sky Bar,
H2,
Scotty's lounge,
and don't forget the
Bar Association (wine and beer only, keeps out the hard core drunks and the owner makes it like an adult day care, ask to use the hula hoop).
You also have Level and a couple other "trying to be high end" clubs whose names escape me.

Oh there is the "trio" the Cigar bar (also at GCTC), Long shot Louie's, and Top Cats (they are the "Trio" because they are all connected, but make sure you pay your tab at each place before leaving (they will let you carry beers between them, but not the "real" glasses, but plastic is ok).
Oh, there is Patio 33 and Indigo Room.

So yes, it is a massive pub crawl downtown with something for all ages.
(Also stuff to eat at too).

Last edited by jeffabb; 04-22-2008 at 10:05 AM..

Old 04-22-2008, 10:53 AM

172 posts, read 945,791 times
Haha, the Bar Association is too fun. You get feather boas and maracas and crowns. I go there for costume paraphenalia plus it's one of the few places where you can sit and have a conversation with your friends without screaming to be heard. Oh, and the bartender is super nice!

I gotta correct you. The trio is Cigar Bar, Sal's Longshot Lounge, and Fat Cats.

Mona Lisa's is another good one. They have great pizza and karaoke on weekends.

Old 04-22-2008, 12:07 PM

25 posts, read 142,282 times
Yes, you are correct about the "Trio". Thanks for the correction. Probably tells you the state of mind I am in by the time I get the Ponce de Leon Square.

Yes, Mona Lisa's is great on beer specials and late night pizza. Nothing like a cheese pie and $2 drafts. Karaoke is its own brand of entertainment.

Old 05-04-2008, 12:20 PM

119 posts, read 472,685 times
Thanks guys. Looks like I have to check out a lot of places when I get back down there. Here's another question: Which are the best places that stay open later? Like open till at least 12 am or so.

Old 07-02-2008, 12:19 PM

172 posts, read 945,791 times
Most of the downtown bars are open until 2am. Cape bars tend to shut down earlier and are required to be closed by midnight on Sundays. I think the bars at GCTC are open til 2am to attract the college crowd, but don't quote me on that. Hope you can find some cool places to hang out the next time you come to visit!

Old 01-17-2009, 09:30 AM

340 posts, read 1,046,366 times
Not much for nightlife here, young punks are considered more a nuisance and a revenue stream for Police ticket writers/jail fines. Stay in with friends, you'll be glad you did

Old 01-17-2009, 11:23 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times
Watching the sunset & looking at the stars is my kind of nightlife and we have plenty of that in Southwest FL. Where else in January can you walk outside at midnight without a coat and mittens?

I have to admit it though - I've got some really wild friends. Tonight I had a brief encounter with 2 raccoons and an opossum in my backyard.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:20 AM

3 posts, read 9,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcjh20 View Post
I am from south Jersey and I have another house in Cape Coral. Me and my girlfriend recently had a vacation down there for spring break and we had a great time, but the only drawback was that it was hard to find a place where we can hangout after like 11 pm. I was pretty pissed that even on St Patricks day the whole region was a ghost town, so we were subjected to playing Scrabble all night and drinking beers instead. Pathetic. I know this area isn't exactly known for its nightlife, where Cape Coral and Ft Myers are given nicknames like Ft Misery and Cape Coma, but there's gotta be SOME place for young people. Some kind of cool after-hours bar, club, restaurant or whatever.

I am thinking about possibly moving down there for good someday but the lack of nightlife could be a problem. I am not exactly a huge party guy, but I wouldn't want to have to drive to the east coast just to party a little bit during the week. I don't have any friends down there as of yet either to show me around. Can anyone help?
My condolensces on the south jersey...thats where Im at....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area