Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 06:18 AM

74 posts, read 88,763 times

Advertisements

I own a rental property in Fort Myers. I currently live in NY. I have found that pretty much every service I have used in FL required either me being there checking up on the work or having a friend, rep or my tenants checking up. Otherwise I would have not gotten the services I paid for. I recently had the exterior of my house painted. If I had not been there the work would have taken 3 - 4 times longer than promised (half the time they didn't show or were very late), they skipped on primer on half the house and used the wrong paint. If I had not been there they would have gotten away with this and charged me a premium for the better paint I contracted for. I can go on.
Funny the only guy who actually did exactly what he promised was the "bug guy".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2018, 07:22 AM

26 posts, read 23,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AXEL276 View Post
I own a rental property in Fort Myers. I currently live in NY. I have found that pretty much every service I have used in FL required either me being there checking up on the work or having a friend, rep or my tenants checking up. Otherwise I would have not gotten the services I paid for. I recently had the exterior of my house painted. If I had not been there the work would have taken 3 - 4 times longer than promised (half the time they didn't show or were very late), they skipped on primer on half the house and used the wrong paint. If I had not been there they would have gotten away with this and charged me a premium for the better paint I contracted for. I can go on.
Funny the only guy who actually did exactly what he promised was the "bug guy".
It's a sad world that we seem to live in now. People should be doing the work they are being paid to do and customers should be receiving the products/materials/services they are paying for. If the shoe was on the other foot, I'm sure those workers would not like someone else to be cheating them out of their hard-earned money. It seems that decent, honest people are much harder to come by as the years pass.

Old 09-18-2018, 08:37 AM

319 posts, read 612,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SellinginFL View Post
As a customer, I expect that the services I am paying for are actually being provided. In regard to being "fair" I would have to point out that Bugman only offered comment after someone else suggested buying a product online that could potentially replace his company's services. I take offense when someone goes online and apologizes for "others" in the industry when maybe reality is they don't know what's going on within their own company. That being said, I do agree with you that his posts are very informative.
I sent you a PM, I am definitely intrigued by you calling me out.

Point of Order: I was actually providing additional advice on the use of the product mentioned. Some readers need to know and understand there is no "One Solution fits All" when it come to pesticides.

Identifying, the insect and the best method for control should always be step 1.

Like a Plumber our first and best tool to use is a Flashlight.

Just spraying Chemical can actually make the problem worse.

And you are right, my response would have been better served if I had stopped before my apology line.

Old 09-18-2018, 09:31 AM

26 posts, read 23,364 times
Default An apology is in order

My sincere apologies to BugManTPC over the confusion and mistaken identity. Seems two local companies have the same acronym and I would like to point out my experiences were with Tony's Pest Control, of which BugManTPC has no affiliation with. So I retract my previous statements directed towards him as they truly were meant for someone else and I should have . Thank you, BugManTPC. Not only for clearing this up but also for being such a wealth of information. I guess I should have gone with your company the first time around and I wouldn't be in this mess. I sent you a PM in response to offer my apologies as well and if you're accepting new clients (and would still have us despite my big mouth/fingers), we'd definitely be interested in finding out more about the services your company offers because you seem to be one of the truly good ones.

Old 09-18-2018, 10:25 AM

319 posts, read 612,581 times
Default Blushing

Insert **Blushing Emoji Here**

Thank you!!

We appreciate all opportunities, please PM. We will gladly get you taken care of.

Old 09-23-2018, 10:36 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,415,174 times
FRAUD is homes with Blue Tarps on TOP of them for more than a Year !!!!

People and Companies trying to collect on BOGUS Claims agains the Home Owners Ins Policy. TOTAL RIPOFF.

Old 10-24-2018, 06:31 AM

1,790 posts, read 1,415,174 times
To this day, 13 months after the last hurricane blew by close to S Fla, dozen of houses, no matter where you drive, with blue plastic tarps some ripped off by winds of summer, fact that makes neighborhoods look like terrible Areas to live in.

Homeowners and Private Adjustors (Thiefs) that will never see a penny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area