Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2019, 10:13 AM

3 posts, read 3,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator50 View Post
We live in SW Florida and just got back from vacation and house hunting in CO. We really hate the 10 months of heat and very high humidity, so we are seeking a drier climate among many other things.

SW FL is typically for less active people and a lot of old retired people(especially sick and old).
So if you like to run and bike and mountain bike and anything outside, then hot and humid florida is not ideal. Fl is ideal if you are sedentary and like to sit on a beach. Not sure the fun in that, but to each their own. SW FL also typically has the highest dew point on any given day. So again, if you are active, like my family, you are really seeking a less humid place to live. And we would also like to see the seasons change, another thing that does not really happen in SW FL
Another typical of Americans; they are so used to zero humidity, zero dew points, and artificially filtered, air-conditioned indoor air that even the Sahara Desert at 12 midnight would make Americans at rest sweat like a bottle of ice water in Brazil's rainforest at 2 in the afternoon and look like they were playing in Lake Michigan in their clothes.

Old 08-08-2019, 02:42 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,215,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex SWFL View Post
Another typical of Americans; they are so used to zero humidity, zero dew points, and artificially filtered, air-conditioned indoor air that even the Sahara Desert at 12 midnight would make Americans at rest sweat like a bottle of ice water in Brazil's rainforest at 2 in the afternoon and look like they were playing in Lake Michigan in their clothes.
Lol You forgot artificial fluorescent lights as well...

Haha it’s true most Americans are out of shape and definitely not acclimated to the natural elements.

Old 10-14-2019, 09:59 PM

2,495 posts, read 1,871,611 times
I will admit that we escape to the cool mountains of North Narrowlina for four months every summer, but always return gladly to Florida when it starts cooling down.

I like the Florida winters. I've never had to shovel two feet of heat and humidity out of my driveway. I've never chipped an inch of heat and humidity off my windshield. I've never slipped on a sidewalk covered in heat and humidity and broke my tailbone.

I lived for 27 years in the frozen north. Never again.

Old 09-12-2021, 05:32 PM

2,284 posts, read 1,584,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucifer View Post
Just like some Northerners are tired of the snow and cold, some Floridian must get tired of the heat and humidity and want something different. When I lived in the Keys, I did get a bit bored with everything green and flat all the time.
Exactly. Humidity and heat in November is just wrong. The low 90s on xmas day is not right either but we had that for two xmas in SW FL.

Old 09-14-2021, 07:27 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,312,234 times
My son moved to Colorado Springs this past February. He absolutely loves it. They had a house built and they going hiking and exploring every weekend. He says he loves being able to walk the dogs without getting soaked with sweat. He said 50 degrees there doesn't feel as cold as it does here because of the low humidity.

I'm going to visit him next month. I've never been anywhere that hasn't had a flat terrain so I'm looking forward to this. Not sure how cold it will be the 2nd week of October but I need to buy at least hiking boots.

Old 09-14-2021, 05:20 PM

2,530 posts, read 1,863,511 times
Cooler weather, lower humidity, mountains and legal weed.

Old 10-25-2021, 11:50 AM

222 posts, read 222,674 times
I'm heading out that way (not CO but close) for a few interviews and check out some areas soon. Can't wait to see what it's all about.

Old 10-28-2021, 02:56 PM

3,133 posts, read 2,257,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterescapee View Post
In the more than 3 years of living here, I have noticed that not only is everyone moving to the mountains, but Colorado is the most popular destination for Southwest Floridians to relocate to. So I need to ask, what is so attractive about Colorado for Southwest Florida residents? There is no ocean, no beaches, no parasailing, etc in Colorado, all there is to do is work and look at mountains, watch the snow come down in August, and sit in front of a fireplace.
After five years of traffic and crowds during Season here in SW Florida, I would welcome a move to Colorado if I could find an area that offered a bit of privacy and solitude.

Old 11-01-2021, 11:59 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,053,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
After five years of traffic and crowds during Season here in SW Florida, I would welcome a move to Colorado if I could find an area that offered a bit of privacy and solitude.

That's most of Colorado, which I found to be much better than my decade spent in Lee and even Collier counties.
There's simply no comparison.
Checkout out the western slope, which is more affordable than the front range; and offers the same amenities.

Old 11-12-2021, 05:31 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStation46 View Post
OP, Can you cite you source?
A Colorado forum poster says FL car tags are #3rd most popular out-of-state tags after CA, & TX.

Some they are seeing could be rental cars though, & its just 1 person's obervations.

I'm seeing more of a flow of Colorado residents visiting and moving here. I have 1 2 doors down, and know of another a few street over. They both moved full time from CO to FLA ~2 years ago.

I'm looking to escape FLA's hear in August and looking at CO as a possibility. My CO people here suggest Steamboat Springs or Estes Park for the month of August
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area