Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 10:05 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,607,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLHfan View Post
I've heard some move there for the legal weed.
Not that I consider that a good reason to move.
A place with legal weed sounds like a very good reason for a weed smoker to move to, then they wouldn't have worry about committing a crime and going to jail if they get caught. Much less stress for the person, I would think.

Old 03-18-2019, 06:25 AM

333 posts, read 239,885 times
I know a few people who have moved to Colorado. I think it's an age thing. Younger people like Colorado. Older people don't understand why younger people like Colorado.

Colorado is awesome and it has some amazing towns. Very outdoorsy population and a cool vibe. Safer than Florida as well. I understand why people move there. On paper Colorado is better than Florida in several ways.

The only people who care about it being hot all year are elderly people.

No judgment for any group. That is just what I have found. There seems to be a duality between what different age brackets in Florida want. This forum seems to run a little older than most so many questions on here are only answered from one perspective.

Old 03-18-2019, 05:53 PM

1,599 posts, read 1,429,361 times
Who cares about Colorado in a forum thread about Florida?

Old 03-18-2019, 10:08 PM

333 posts, read 239,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireStation46 View Post
Who cares about Colorado in a forum thread about Florida?
The person who asked?

I get what you are saying though. Interesting discussion but this is a Florida forum.

Old 03-19-2019, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kombuchaluchador View Post
The person who asked?

I get what you are saying though. Interesting discussion but this is a Florida forum.
Yes

Could be a drive by posting troll

Old 03-20-2019, 07:12 AM

3,961 posts, read 4,384,986 times
Could be, but I'd have to assume they are looking for the reasons of why one would want to leave a place that the OP seem to be very happy about being in, despite their short sightedness that people may prefer something different than themselves.

Of course that is kind of like asking why one prefers strawberry over chocolate.

Myself, I have relatives who moved from CO to FL. Not for any reason against CO, but simply because other family members were in FL and they wanted to be closer to them. Having visited them, I had a great time in FL, and as I said earlier, the vast majority of things you do in FL can also be done in CO. Yes, there are a few things that are exclusive to each state, but if your life doesn't revolve around those things, then simply visit each place when you want to do those things.

Old 04-01-2019, 05:30 AM

9,368 posts, read 6,967,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterescapee View Post
Hunting, fishing, camping, and hiking can easily be found right here in Florida, especially in the Florida Keys. Bicycling is widespread here in Southwest Florida, there's lots of bicycle friendly routes as long as you stay either on the sidewalk or on the shoulder (and don't be acting like it's an FBI/Homeland Security enforced capital felony to ride on the sidewalk in the United States, like doing so is 100 years to life and/or the death penalty!).

There is also water skiing in Southwest Florida. Snow skiing like in Colorado can be very dangerous, especially with lethal obstacles like cliffs, boulders, avalanches, and trees that can kill a skier or at minimum will leave him/her paralyzed and crippled.

Also, in Colorado, the warmest areas only have maybe 1 or 2 months a year for a bicycling season. It is foolish and suicidal to ride a bicycle when it is 40 or colder. No matter how well you layer, your own sweat will saturate those layers and cause them to lose all of their insulating capabilities, resulting in hypothermia. No fabric can or will ever be capable of retaining an ounce of insulation when wet. Not wool, not cotton, not polyester, not fleece, not silk, not nylon, not anything.
Jesus Christ dude I was sipping coffee yesterday morning in shorts and a tee shirt staring at the Rockies and it was in the 40s. Let’s not get crazy with this stuff!

1-2 months what are you talking about...

Old 04-23-2019, 12:33 PM

2 posts, read 4,035 times
My wife and I moved to CO from FL in January. We had visited a few times before (have friends here) and loved it. However, now that we live here, wife is having a hard time adjusting to the cold, so we will probably be moving back to FL next year. Winters seem to last way longer that expected - it's spring time and it still gets pretty cold in the morning. If it weren't for the extreme weather conditions we would make CO our permanent home. We're in our late 20's btw.

Old 04-23-2019, 01:58 PM

Good luck on the move back!

Old 04-23-2019, 03:10 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,096,073 times
The Floridians I all know what to move to the mountains of NC.

YMMV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area