Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 10:43 AM

1 posts, read 3,921 times

Advertisements

I have had two homes built by Oyster Bay. Excellent quality and customer service. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:18 PM

246 posts, read 1,018,970 times
Never heard anything bad about Oyster Bay.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momix5 View Post
how are the schools in Cape Coral? I have been looking into Port Saint lucie but would like an alternative? What are the home prices?
My children attend A+ schools. I have one in each.

Old 07-23-2007, 11:21 AM

553 posts, read 1,934,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-50 View Post
My children attend A+ schools. I have one in each.
What high school and middle do or did they go to? I have heard good about mariner and Ida baker. I am buying in sandoval just want more input on the schools thanks.

Old 08-26-2007, 09:22 PM

3 posts, read 11,586 times
What about Pulte

Old 08-28-2007, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY62 View Post
What high school and middle do or did they go to? I have heard good about mariner and Ida baker. I am buying in sandoval just want more input on the schools thanks.
I have one in Ida Baker and Gulf Middle. Both great schools. Mariner is also a good school.

Old 08-29-2007, 11:36 AM

9 posts, read 56,585 times
First Home is AWFUL! THey built my house, and while I love the house and the neighborhood, their customer service is terrible. We have a one year warranty on the house, and whenever I call with a problem they send this contractor who is extremely rude. I have asked over and over that they not send him anymore, but they continue to anyway. Plus, my husband has called them every day for over a week now regarding a problem we had with our sprinklers, and he keeps leaving messages and still no one has called back. Also, whenever they fix anything, they do a half-a$$ed job of it. We usually just try to fix things ourselves just to avoid dealing with them.

I have heard Mercedes is good, and I know they make beautiful homes, but I heard that they're expensive.

As for schools, all of the schools here are A schools. They are the best schools I have seen in Florida. Diplomat Middle is supposed to be good, as well as the schools on Del Prado (can't remember what they are called).

House prices here right now range from $150000-$350000, depending on what you get. I think you can get a 3/2/2 on 1/4 acre for $250000 or less. If you go through a builder, they are much more expensive than it's worth. The builders also have a huge inventory of "spec" homes that they built and can't sell, so that is a good option if you want a brand new home.

Old 09-03-2007, 04:52 PM

4 posts, read 12,766 times
Default Did you find a builder? We're looking too.

We will be coming down to Cape Coral at the end of September and are not sure whether to rent a home each year for a few months or buy an existing one on a canal within 1/2 hr to river or build. You mentioned builidng. Did you start construction and if so who did you go with and what was the per sq ft cost (including pool dock, lift etc.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
We are new to the area and are thinking about building a new home in Cape Coral or Ft. Myers. We want to know if anybody has any information on home builders. We know for sure not to use Harden Homes as we are renting a home they built and it's very poor quality. Hammer Homes is one of our favorites so far and they seem to build quality homes.

So share your stories, good and bad if you have one.

Old 09-03-2007, 05:06 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,512,087 times
Are you aware of the serious real estate problem on Cape Coral right now?

Buy on Cape Coral right now????? That place is a disaster with excess inventory. No way any home bought now will hold any value.

Build? Might be wiser. Sure you could find a contractor desperate for work. The issue is that you will, for sure, be overpaying for the land.

There are tons & tons of homes & condos for rent.

Rent. Spend time researching & just living there. Look at all options.

Again, Cape Coral is a risky place to buy right now. For some, though, that might be the time they feel is most beneficial to them.

Old 09-04-2007, 11:01 AM

4 posts, read 12,766 times
Default Yes - please send the phone number and name

I would like to know who to contact at Adams & ph number. Thanks

[Moderator cut: orphaned post

Last edited by sunrico90; 09-10-2007 at 03:54 PM.. Reason: orphaned post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area