Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 04:30 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,914,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticbyrd View Post
I would like to know who to contact at Adams & ph number. Thanks
If you wait you will get a great deal in Cape Coral. Homes are just sitting with banks holding the buck. You can make some good mony just cutting grass at all the homes sitting empty.

The News-Press, news-press.com, Local & State, Costs to mow grow in Southwest Florida (http://www.news-press.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070904/NEWS01/70903024/1075 - broken link)

Old 09-04-2007, 06:08 PM

3,842 posts, read 10,525,892 times
I am thinking another 10-15% drop if not more in Cape Coral in the next 12-24months.

Something is going to have to give to get anyone to buy there.

And one can do way better than Adams Homes in Cape Coral for a decent price. But just my opinion.

Pulte & Toll Brothers are not top of the line, but have better product than Adams.

Old 09-04-2007, 07:12 PM

45 posts, read 172,048 times
I wouldn't build a home in the Cape yet; the market is about to plummet (I would say AT LEAST 30% more). Come late 08 onward, there will be deals to be had. Make sure you check out insurance costs and taxes, too. They're rather high here.

re: Schools

Gulf Middle is the best in the Cape. Diplomat is also good, but Gulf has long been considered the best.

I've heard good things about Ida Baker High. Another new one just opened (Island Coast?).

Population in the area is dropping, even in the school systems. We were supposed to keep getting increases even though the rest of the state is losing students. Though we do have more students now than we did last year, families are moving every day. (That's if they can sell their homes.)

Old 09-09-2007, 05:20 PM

2 posts, read 8,134 times
Try PGI Homes, they have models all over SWFL and have been here 30 years+. We had a custom home built by PGI and its great, the staff is a little snobby at first but the home is well done. Check out PGI Homes, they have a couple models on Cape Coral Pkwy if your in the area. You may want to check out Punta Gorda Isles as well (they have models there too), its a neat little town just north of Cape.

As for the market, real estate is down now and it will go up later.......it always does. If your in the market long term than you'll be just fine. I can assure you very few people have a crystal ball on the Florida real estate market, I've been in Florida for 20+ years and the market has pulled back 3 times, every 10 years (or so). It has gone back up every time it dropped in the past....usually even stronger than expected. Florida is a great place to live.....enjoy it!

Old 09-09-2007, 05:34 PM

2,141 posts, read 6,914,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyswfl View Post
Try PGI Homes, they have models all over SWFL and have been here 30 years+. We had a custom home built by PGI and its great, the staff is a little snobby at first but the home is well done. Check out PGI Homes, they have a couple models on Cape Coral Pkwy if your in the area. You may want to check out Punta Gorda Isles as well (they have models there too), its a neat little town just north of Cape.

As for the market, real estate is down now and it will go up later.......it always does. If your in the market long term than you'll be just fine. I can assure you very few people have a crystal ball on the Florida real estate market, I've been in Florida for 20+ years and the market has pulled back 3 times, every 10 years (or so). It has gone back up every time it dropped in the past....usually even stronger than expected. Florida is a great place to live.....enjoy it!
The last time the market in Florida changed this fast was 1925. I don't have a crystal ball but I do have a history book. 82 years is a very long term investment.

In 1925, the inevitable began to occur in the real estate industry. Land prices had reached such a zenith that new customers failed to arrive and old customers began to sell their land. Suddenly, the only market for Florida land was for selling land.

There was plenty of evidence that the Florida Land Boom was on swampy ground. Forbes magazine warned that Florida land prices were based solely upon the expectation of finding a customer, not upon any reality of land value. New York bankers, losing money over Florida investment, attacked the entire operation as one great sham. By 1925, there were other signs. Companies were laying off construction and other blue collar workers while the number of realtors and auto mechanics was still increasing.

The larger cities of Florida felt the impact first. They had borrowed heavily to finance new road and public service construction and utilized sales taxes and land fees to pay their debts. Now the Yankee dollars were vanishing.

Last edited by firemed; 09-09-2007 at 05:53 PM..

Old 09-10-2007, 02:08 PM

2 posts, read 8,134 times
Your correct, 82 years is a long term investment. I think it might come back a little sooner......but everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area