Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 11:50 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times

Advertisements

There you go. I bet she is willing to sell her home to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 08:57 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,508,743 times
Not a place to invest right now. Too many issues from water/sewer assessment to crime to bridge tolls to you name it. Maybe one day it will get its act together. Any good realtor or person living there will tell you that while it does have its good points, there are many problems right now that are hurting Cape Coral.

Look into the sewer assessment issue right now. That alone made us turn away from Cape Coral long before we heard a bunch of other stuff.

There is the issue of the empty homes being lived in by illegal aliens and also being used as grow houses.

All I gotta say about Cape Coral is "no thanks".

Old 06-30-2007, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUZ View Post
Pl. someone tell me, what is the best part to live? I like to hear it again. We are about to purchase a home and can't make a mistake. Pl! help!!!

Why don't you try Pine Island? There is less crime there. Truly the LAST paradise. I like it.

Old 06-30-2007, 09:49 PM

246 posts, read 1,018,674 times
Cape Coral is a safe city and as long as you know about the sewer assesment that is going on in some areas, then you are informed. Most of the SE was done quite a while ago, some on the SW and they are working on the rest on SW in the next few years.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:02 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,904,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-50 View Post
Cape Coral is a safe city and as long as you know about the sewer assesment that is going on in some areas, then you are informed. Most of the SE was done quite a while ago, some on the SW and they are working on the rest on SW in the next few years.
Cape Coral is 6' above sea level in most areas, Thats safe ?????

Old 07-01-2007, 08:25 AM

543 posts, read 1,227,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemed View Post
Cape Coral is 6' above sea level in most areas, Thats safe ?????
That is why they dug out so many canals! Man made canals on dead-end streets that keep going on the other side of the canal! The streets are very messed up. Also when Cape Coral was first being planned they took out all the trees, or most of them anyway. I am not sure if they are still taking them out when building now. Personally, I have never liked the Cape. Way to much cement for me!

Old 07-01-2007, 09:34 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,904,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
That is why they dug out so many canals! Man made canals on dead-end streets that keep going on the other side of the canal! The streets are very messed up. Also when Cape Coral was first being planned they took out all the trees, or most of them anyway. I am not sure if they are still taking them out when building now. Personally, I have never liked the Cape. Way to much cement for me!
I feel the same way,

Old 07-01-2007, 10:41 PM

246 posts, read 1,018,674 times
They took out all the trees in 1957, things have changed since then.

Old 07-02-2007, 11:39 AM

120 posts, read 170,427 times
Ft. Myers/Cape Coral HIGH CRIME?? I thought I heard it all on these forums but this is too much! I feel totally safe here. Never had any problems what so ever. There is crime, but if a grow house is the most common offense, I consider that pretty safe. I am now convinced that people on this forum are just trying to use scare tactics to prevent growth. The only negative about Cape Coral is the commute to Ft. Myers and the sewer assesments.

Old 07-02-2007, 12:02 PM

172 posts, read 856,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida1 View Post
Ft. Myers/Cape Coral HIGH CRIME?? I thought I heard it all on these forums but this is too much! I feel totally safe here. Never had any problems what so ever. There is crime, but if a grow house is the most common offense, I consider that pretty safe. I am now convinced that people on this forum are just trying to use scare tactics to prevent growth. The only negative about Cape Coral is the commute to Ft. Myers and the sewer assesments.
i agree with this for the most part. cape coral anyway is relatively safe, ive never felt threatened here.

the crime itself has definitely risen tho, you cant deny that.

and fort myers can be pretty dangerous.

check the crime rate index, numbers dont lie...

as far as the trees in cape, we definitely need SOMETHING here. this is like a nuclear wasteland or a desert with a bunch of cookie cutter houses built over brownish dried grass

theres no tall buildings to shade you if you DARE try and walk anywhere, so trees would help that issue.

but those of us who live here already know the idea of "walking around" anywhere in cape is comical at best so scratch that one. theyd have to develop an area where this is possible first.

and those scruffy looking things in the medians arent very pleasing to the eye. so itd help beautify the city if nothing else. god knows del prado and santa barbara could use a facelift

Last edited by Chromedome; 07-02-2007 at 12:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area