Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 04:48 AM

52 posts, read 139,315 times

Advertisements

Any one have any information on either of these townhome communities? I am hoping for a unit in the Enclave at CL, but if that falls through, there is one available in Sail Harbor. My concern about Sail Harbor is that there are several short sales. However, the community appears well maintained, is gated, and in a good location.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:28 PM

376 posts, read 910,766 times
We passed on a unit at Sail Harbor ~ far too many rental units for our taste. The swimming pool was packed, shoulder to shoulder, with people. Unit next door had a yippee dog that was quite loud... just my opinion!

Also, they have dropped in value substantially in 6 months.. one is on CL for under 100K.

Old 06-13-2009, 06:52 AM

52 posts, read 139,315 times
I actually ended up buying a unit in the Enclave at Cypress Lakes. A very nice small community with very few vacant units. However, if one was listed for under 100k, it was probably a short sale.

Old 04-17-2010, 11:52 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
There is currently a 3 bedroom townhouse on a lake listed for $85,000. It's a foreclosure. Looks as if prices are continuing to drop in many townhouse communities, but most of them are short sales.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:03 AM

374 posts, read 796,238 times
Sail Harbor is a hot bed of "Chinese Drywall" and I heard that because the community is one short sale after another (selling at even lower than a comparable unit without chinese drywall) there are a ton of renters (annual) not as quiet and no sense of "pride in ownership" On the other hand, I am familiar with the Enclave (I actually live in Cypress Lake Estates) I thought there was a chance of chinese drywall, so do you research very carefully. There are some renters in our community, but it is very well taken care of and QUIET! Security cams were put up at the entrance and the HOA people in charge don't mess around with the rule breakers. And a Sherriff lives in the Enclave. That is always a plus! Let me know if I can help you out with any toher ?'s

Old 04-27-2010, 07:04 AM

That is just that... My opinion. I think I have the absolute right to put my opinion on this forum. And since we are on the subject about Chinese Drywall, you can not obtain insurance if your place has it AND furthermore, insurance companies steer clear of "communities" who are known to have it. Thus why I said that the buyer should be VERY careful about both communities and do their homework.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:59 PM

AND I was completely upfront about the possibility of "chinese drywall" being in The Enclave at Cypress Lake... as well. I spent almost an entire year researching and looking at places in ALL parts of Ft. Myers. I went on my own research as well as my in-laws knowledge, being that they live there 6 months out of the year (for 15 plus years) They told me which neighborhoods you should watch out for. Sail Harbor is actually in a GREAT area, but that is was "in trouble" for various reasons.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:15 PM

2 posts, read 12,436 times
I am positive this community HAS CHINESE DRY WALL. I have pictures of 2 units with doors of my unit that have had the interior gutted - and new dry wall installed. And the smell it terrible. THE COMMUNITY DOES HAVE CHINESE DRY WALL !!!! Perhaps not every unit and not entire walls within units - but it DOES. Mine has all the symptons - all copper BLACK - black pitting on all metal - electrical grounding wires blackened and shorted out.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:44 AM

1 posts, read 3,980 times
what are the condo (hoa) fees at The Enclave of Cypress Lakes. They don't say!

Old 01-25-2011, 07:44 AM

68 posts, read 203,490 times
Just posted this link in another thread in this forum. Hope it is of interest and helps.
Can anyone give me their opinion of Sail Harbour versus Portofino versus Bell Tower Park townhomes? - Trulia Voices
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area