Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2007, 10:45 AM
sdk sdk started this thread

8 posts, read 27,725 times

Advertisements

We are going to be moving to FM the end of june or july.. Any one that knows about employment...My husband has licensen in Ma. For stationary firemen class one worked chillers and boilers and turbans..Would like to work for the lee county..he has 25 years of experance if anyone has a direction please..I can't wait to get there... I love the area talked to many people in NH that go to that area..
thanks look for me in july.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 01:30 PM

9 posts, read 62,371 times
Hello,
Have you tried looking at the government/state website job listings? I looked at each county and seemed to recall seeing something about firefighters. Not sure if it was Lee County or not.
Good luck!

Old 04-26-2007, 01:39 PM

1,451 posts, read 2,491,224 times
Hey there i agree try the government job listings.. The only prob your going to run into is the very low pay here and extremely high housing market. Pay for a professional is low they usually don't want to pay over $12 an hour for most jobs. Example my mom is a massage therapist working in a chiro office. They only want to pay her 9 an hour if she takes benefits, without benefits they'll pay her 11.. Well she ended up doing that part time and built up her own clientel. So just search around and see what you can find.

Old 04-27-2007, 08:33 AM
sdk sdk started this thread

8 posts, read 27,725 times
Cool Fort myers

Thanks for the info .. Right down from where we are going to live..there is a power plant and that is where he is exp in.. we are building in River Hall off of rt 80 ,,I am disabled and have MS so he is the bread winner...but I did hear I may be able to get better insurance ..Ihave medi a and b.. we are now on his retirement insurance...but he still had to work..I can't wait to get there.. I love the warm weather and yes I know what it is like in the summer..
see ya
sdk

Old 04-27-2007, 09:09 AM

23,601 posts, read 70,425,146 times
Rather than building right away, you might consider the Orange Harbor mobile home park that sits just down the road from the power plant. It is primarily snowbirds and retirees from the midwest, and has a lot of activities and community doings, even during the summer when the snowbirds are gone. I mention this because if you are disabled, you would be going into a place where you would have a ready-made community support system. My dad lived there for a number of years before his death.

According to a friend from there, you can get one of the existing homes from current owners or offspring, in great condition, from only about $40K and a $500/mo lot fee, maybe a little more for a waterfront lot on the river. That frees up any other money you might have for investments.

If Ft. Myers goes like the east coast of Florida and the Keys have, a long term lease could be worth big bucks when developers eventually clamor for the property. One of the waterfront parks north of Ft Lauderdale is being sold and the residents are walking away as millionaires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area