Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 05:01 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,546,327 times

Advertisements

Actually I used a recruiter, and found the exact job I wanted, in the sector of business where I had all my experience.

On line www application sites to me, are hard to get through. They screen (albeit it's supposed to be illegal) for certain words etc.

A recruiter picks the dang phone up and calls the hiring professional at the company, and says I have someone I want to send to you, faxes the resume, and gets the appointment set up.

I'd use a recruiter a 100 times before I would just use an "on line" resume.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 06:08 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times
Default Who PAYS him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
Actually I used a recruiter, and found the exact job I wanted, in the sector of business where I had all my experience.

On line www application sites to me, are hard to get through. They screen (albeit it's supposed to be illegal) for certain words etc.

A recruiter picks the dang phone up and calls the hiring professional at the company, and says I have someone I want to send to you, faxes the resume, and gets the appointment set up.

I'd use a recruiter a 100 times before I would just use an "on line" resume.
You? Companies today don't want to pay a recruiter. My husband works for a small software company in Naples. They post on Monster. They post on their website. They do not use a recruiter who they are going to have to pay. They hired my husband, and a few other people from around the country, from resumes posted on Monster. In fact, he had about 3 recruiters when he was out of work. I think he got 3 interviews in a year.

I work for the school district. I applied online while still in NY. My daughter got her job in retail from an online application. As I said, many places will ONLY take online applications.

The Naples/Ft. Myers area is very small. It is not like there are thousands of companies and millions of people trying to get a job.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
You? Companies today don't want to pay a recruiter. My husband works for a small software company in Naples. They post on Monster. They post on their website. They do not use a recruiter who they are going to have to pay. They hired my husband, and a few other people from around the country, from resumes posted on Monster. In fact, he had about 3 recruiters when he was out of work. I think he got 3 interviews in a year.

I work for the school district. I applied online while still in NY. My daughter got her job in retail from an online application. As I said, many places will ONLY take online applications.

The Naples/Ft. Myers area is very small. It is not like there are thousands of companies and millions of people trying to get a job.
Guess it depends on how good of service one is going to offer said company, and if one tries to go a stable company that can afford it.

My employer paid for my recruitment why? Because they needed somebody lickity split that had the experience and could basically walk in the door on their 1st day sit down and do the job.

Maybe your family it worked for, but it depends on how specific one wants to get. My job was extremely specific. And they paid to get someone like that.

I used on line sites, and I used a recruiter. The recruiter worked for me, got me what I wanted and negotiated a good pay with benefits starting the day I walked in the door, no 90 day wait.

If you got a product (in this case myself) then you go where you are going to sell yourself the best.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:15 AM

340 posts, read 1,046,534 times
Wow, you got me interested Mrs. P ... post some pics please !!

Old 09-02-2009, 06:43 AM

519 posts, read 1,377,654 times
Ok I have been applying for jobs for my dh since May, he has gotten a couple of calls, but not exactly what he wanted, my question is how do you find a reputable recruiter, I have just been applying online, and I swear since we are out of state thats hurting his hiring statis. Any help with a rep. recruiter would be greatly appriciated. He is extremely qualified in his field so finding him the so called perfect job is kinda stessing me out .LOL I am on the computer daily for hours looking and sending resumes, and let me tell ya I still have dial up and it sucks!! LOL I live in the middle of no where and the only thing they offer is wireless with a 2 yr contract and wanting to move I have to intrest in signing a contract.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:59 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amyflorida70 View Post
Ok I have been applying for jobs for my dh since May, he has gotten a couple of calls, but not exactly what he wanted, my question is how do you find a reputable recruiter, I have just been applying online, and I swear since we are out of state thats hurting his hiring statis. Any help with a rep. recruiter would be greatly appriciated. He is extremely qualified in his field so finding him the so called perfect job is kinda stessing me out .LOL I am on the computer daily for hours looking and sending resumes, and let me tell ya I still have dial up and it sucks!! LOL I live in the middle of no where and the only thing they offer is wireless with a 2 yr contract and wanting to move I have to intrest in signing a contract.
What kind of job? Recruiters are generally used for a certain niche, such as CEO, specific engineers, and even more specialized positions, as Mrs. P said.

For other jobs, yes, it is better to already live there. The job market is crazy tight. They are not going to want to hire someone from Ohio when they can get Bob down the street who has lived in swFlorida all his life. They know the guy he used to work for, he has family in the area and he is a better risk. You may last four months and then go home.

Not my opinion. Just the way it works. I've been there. We had to take a chance when we moved from swFlorida to TN. That was during an economic boom (2005). I wouldn't suggest picking up and moving anywhere without a job, right now.

Old 09-02-2009, 07:36 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,284,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNooYawk View Post
What are some nice communities in Naples/Fort Meyers? We want to take a trip this spring to scout a future location. I never thought I'd want to live in Florida but don't want to spend four/five months of winter sitting in front of a fireplace here in southern Oregon. We're retired (yeah, I know, I know) and would like to spend under $300k. A long-term rental would most likely be the way for us to start out before deciding.

Where would you look if you were us? Be nice, please. :-D
what are your interests? do you want a quiet safe spot to channel surf and snooze, or do you need to be on a golf course or be close to a spot to put in a boat or walk the beach?

google paseo fort myers to check out my neighbourhood

Old 09-03-2009, 05:09 AM

519 posts, read 1,377,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
What kind of job? Recruiters are generally used for a certain niche, such as CEO, specific engineers, and even more specialized positions, as Mrs. P said.

For other jobs, yes, it is better to already live there. The job market is crazy tight. They are not going to want to hire someone from Ohio when they can get Bob down the street who has lived in swFlorida all his life. They know the guy he used to work for, he has family in the area and he is a better risk. You may last four months and then go home.

Not my opinion. Just the way it works. I've been there. We had to take a chance when we moved from swFlorida to TN. That was during an economic boom (2005). I wouldn't suggest picking up and moving anywhere without a job, right now.

He is in the hvac buisness, has been a project manager, service tech, and a technical support. He has had a coulpe of offers doing tech service but really wants to get back into the managment part, oh believe me we are not budging till he has a permanent job, I know better. And we could be there already but of course he doesn't want to settle for just anything to get to Florida. So untilt then we stay in Ohio until that job hes interested come up. He has 20 yrs of experience in the hvac field and has an associates degree. So still any help with recruiters would be greatly appriciated. Word of mouth recruiter vs just searching the net I beleive that is a lot safer.

Old 09-03-2009, 05:11 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExNooYawk View Post
What are some nice communities in Naples/Fort Meyers? We want to take a trip this spring to scout a future location. I never thought I'd want to live in Florida but don't want to spend four/five months of winter sitting in front of a fireplace here in southern Oregon. We're retired (yeah, I know, I know) and would like to spend under $300k. A long-term rental would most likely be the way for us to start out before deciding.

Where would you look if you were us? Be nice, please. :-D
Spring? No. You'd want to visit in summer.

You have an entire thread devoted to summer and heat out on the Florida forum. You, of all people, need to experience the entire month of August.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Spring? No. You'd want to visit in summer.

You have an entire thread devoted to summer and heat out on the Florida forum. You, of all people, need to experience the entire month of August.
If you lived in Florida as your primary residence, but could leave one month a year to live in a cooler climate, which month would it be? July August or September?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area