Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area
 [Register]
Fort Myers - Cape Coral area Lee County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 11:37 PM

159 posts, read 461,186 times

Advertisements

I am going to be working in Port Charlotte but figured more for my kids to do in Sarasota or Fort Myers. We love to be outside and do things such as swimming, golfing, skateboarding and 2 of my kids are on the speed skating team. Just want a safe apartment complex in a decent city. What is your take on Gateway Lake apt in Sarasota? What about Madison at Brantley Pines in Fort Myers? I need help making a decision. I loved Fort Myers when I came down for interviews but was only there for a few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 03:26 AM

917 posts, read 2,615,547 times
Rainbow girl, you might want to ask this on the Sarasota forum as well.
Hopefully you will get a reply from SoFLGal. She is a realty agent in the area with kids.

Can't blame you for wanting to keep the kids out of Port Charlotte.

I live in Punta Gorda 5 min from I-75. I've commuted to Naples and Sarasota from here.
If I-75 is slowed down or closed due to an accident. There really aren't any alternative routes. A 1hr drive home can turn into a three hour ordeal.

Old 09-07-2009, 09:42 AM

5 posts, read 40,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
Actually I used a recruiter, and found the exact job I wanted, in the sector of business where I had all my experience.

On line www application sites to me, are hard to get through. They screen (albeit it's supposed to be illegal) for certain words etc.

A recruiter picks the dang phone up and calls the hiring professional at the company, and says I have someone I want to send to you, faxes the resume, and gets the appointment set up.

I'd use a recruiter a 100 times before I would just use an "on line" resume.
Hi Mrs. P: If it wasn't too long ago, would you be able to provide the recruiter's information?

Old 09-07-2009, 01:57 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY24 View Post
I have over 7 years experience as an HR Generalist; mainly supporting Latin America and Caribbean employees.
I would try a local governmental job based on this experience. I'm assuming that you are bilingual. I couldn't get a job down there because of that. You will probably be a perfect fit. Sorry I didn't notice this the first go around.

https://peoplefirst.myflorida.com/logon.htm

Old 09-07-2009, 07:18 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,545,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSY24 View Post
Hi Mrs. P: If it wasn't too long ago, would you be able to provide the recruiter's information?
It was 4 years ago, and sadly it was in Charlotte NC. I wish I could help you. I'm so sorry I can't.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy-105 View Post
Rainbow girl, you might want to ask this on the Sarasota forum as well.
Hopefully you will get a reply from SoFLGal. She is a realty agent in the area with kids.

Can't blame you for wanting to keep the kids out of Port Charlotte.

I live in Punta Gorda 5 min from I-75. I've commuted to Naples and Sarasota from here.
If I-75 is slowed down or closed due to an accident. There really aren't any alternative routes. A 1hr drive home can turn into a three hour ordeal.

That does not sound good. I am not opposed to driving an hour to get to work but 3? Guess you can't have everything. Do you know anything about apartments in these two areas?

Old 09-08-2009, 10:27 AM

The 3 hour drives home weren't too common, but they did happen. Usually "in season".

Don't know anything about "The Madison at Brantley Pines in Fort Myers". Looked on the map and I don't think it's in a bad area. Certainly convenient to everything. Maybe someone else does

Try the Sarasota forum for info about up there. Several reality agents check in on a regular basis and tend to be very helpful.

Old 09-08-2009, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy-105 View Post
The 3 hour drives home weren't too common, but they did happen. Usually "in season".

Don't know anything about "The Madison at Brantley Pines in Fort Myers". Looked on the map and I don't think it's in a bad area. Certainly convenient to everything. Maybe someone else does>

Try the Sarasota forum for info about up there. Several reality agents check in on a regular basis and tend to be very helpful.
Thanks for your help. It's hard to tell about areas over the internet. I put in zipcode for crime statistics but you can have good and bad neighborhoods in the same zipcode so not much help. It did look like they were convenient.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:42 AM

I have my apt. selection down to Lakes at College Pointe and Palms of Monterrey. Does anyone know anything about them? Both reasonably priced for what you get. Both seem to be in good neighborhoods. Just would like a personal opinion if anyone has one???

Old 09-12-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow girl View Post
I have my apt. selection down to Lakes at College Pointe and Palms of Monterrey. Does anyone know anything about them? Both reasonably priced for what you get. Both seem to be in good neighborhoods. Just would like a personal opinion if anyone has one???
Sorry no personal knowledge but...
Looks like Palms of Monterrey backs up to Laguna Lakes. Laguna Lakes was the subject of a recent post:
Laguna Lakes

And there is also this:
http://www.city-data.com/neighborhoo...-Myers-FL.html

I guess I've driven right by The Lakes At Collage Point off of Mc Gregor Blvd. plenty of times with out even noticing it. That stretch of Mc Gregor has always seemed ok.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Fort Myers - Cape Coral area