Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 06:30 PM

4 posts, read 5,390 times

Advertisements

Hello!
Kingsridge feeds into Timbercreek now. And trinity springs middle and intermediate schools. There is a short period of transition for high school aged students, but that is the boundary for younger students. I don't think neighborhoods will shift differently now that Timbercreek has been opened and they set new boundaries. You're pretty safe now. We did shift to Timbercreek, but at least they get busing now which they didn't for Central.

You can still build in Kingsridge. They are building at a good clip. There aren't all that many lots left. There are nice trees surrounding...a few scattered in the neighborhood, the big oaks seem to be mostly in backyards though.
The Bluffs and Heritage are down the street. So is the Ft. Worth fire dept. building, like possibly a mile away. They arrive FAST. Unfortunately I know, they had to come for a family member recently, but they were wonderful. I don't know where the ambulance drove from but they got here right after the firemen did.
We walk or bike to Walmart sometimes cutting through Heritage. We walk through the neighborhoods nearby too towards 377, it's great!
We are rarely stopped by a train. The traffic seems much worse down by Target/heavier vehicle traffic when trains go by....it's not a long wait by wall price keller that I notice. It's like 2 or 3 minutes? They fly through. I don't know what is meant by 20 minutes? Maybe more by Target.
The people are probably much the same in all these neighborhoods. Mostly stay inside. Some are friendly, some you don't see. You have to be pretty independent anywhere.

We plan on joining the Keller Pointe for year-round swimming. It's $785 for a one year membership, for people on this side of 377, that includes free exercise classes. They have a big pool indoors for year round swimming. The Y on North Beach on the south end of Heritage is wonderful, and new. But they don't have a year round pool. But that would be a great place for exercise.

I think this west of 377 is just different because it's both keller and ft. worth so it causes lots of protective feelings to flare. It is what it is, a great bunch of neighborhoods that have updated interiors. Some neighborhoods are much less expensive and have smaller square footage than others. So something for everyone I guess. Heritage is built out as far as I can tell.
Lots in Kingsridge are huge. Lots of breathing room which is great. That's why we picked here. We have dogs that like to run.
Houses are not moving. If you buy already built you should be able to get a great deal if they really want to sell.

Hope something here helps. My opinions all. We think it would be harder to get over towards grapevine and beyond from Rufe Snow area rather than from 377. I think it's easy to get out of Kingsridge and out on 377 and beyond to 1709 fast in the mornings. It is more crowded in Heritage traffic wise from what I can see.

I hope you find peace in your decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2010, 07:31 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
always nice to get info from someone who lives in specific neighborhood--
and good point about crossing easier at certain locations
probably the higher traveled roads have more traffic waiting when stopped for trains--making anyone in the line wait longer--
than on less-traveled road which would have fewer cars waiting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth