Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 09:09 PM

4 posts, read 6,493 times

Advertisements

My husband has accepted a job that is located on the north side of Fort Worth. We have lived in the upper midwest all our lives so have no idea where to look for the best town to live in. We have 3 children,one will be going to college and then we will have a senior and a 8th grader so good schools are very important to us as well as low crime areas. I have read about towns such as Keller,North Richland Hills, and Saginaw but don't really know which would be best.My husband says he wouldn't mind a 15-20 minute commute. Our budget puts us at spending up to about $160,000 for a single family home. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2010, 06:05 AM

425 posts, read 995,933 times
I live in the Heritage subdivision which is in northern Fort Worth. I'm not exactly sure where your husband is working, so couldn't tell you the commute time (I work close to where I live, so have no commute).

You can probably find something in your price range in my sub-division (existing construction - there's no new construction here in that price range).

The schools are in the Keller ISD, and they are all rated "exemplary" (the ones that Heritage feeds into...)

Good luck with your move! We relocated here from Chicago about 18 months ago, and love living in Texas, and especially living in Heritage.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:49 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,889,306 times
Quote:
The schools are in the Keller ISD, and they are all rated "exemplary" (the ones that Heritage feeds into...)
Not the HS though. Both Central and Fossil Ridge are Recognized for 2009-2010. Keller HS is the only other HS in Tarrant County besides Carroll to get Exemplary.

however...I know KISD is really striving to move Central up to Exemplary and they have a VERY good chance of doing so for 2010-2011 school year. It is a very good HS and has a VERY involved Administration.

Fossil Ridge is a good HS as well but it will be very hard for it to move up Exemplary due to the drop out rate. For it to stay at Recognized is VERY good given it pulls alot of low income kids and at risk families etc....

wanted to add for your housing budget...Heritage would be a fantastic fit. tons of families and TONS of amenties. just remember to budget in taxes and HOA fees. I don't know if Heritage has one fee or if the different neighborhoods inside Heritage have thier own.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:23 PM

Thanks for the info on the high schools! My son is in intermediate, so it will be a while before he goes to Central.

Heritage has one HOA fee. It's currently $340 a year.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:43 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
There are other subdivisions that are in the Keller or Northwest ISD. Pricing north of Ft Worth is great.

There is 2-3 good builders and 4-5 not so good if you decide to buy a new home. Right now Builders are making some very good deal. A good experienced real estate agent can help you find the right home or builder.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:21 PM

Thanks so much for the info. Could you be alittle more specific where the Heritage subdivision is located.

Old 12-19-2010, 01:13 PM

150 posts, read 418,597 times
We were in this situation about 3yrs ago and found ourselves narrowing down our selections to the Saginaw and Keller area. We decided on Saginaw and love it here. Our kiddos are just starting school, so I don't have any experience with middle or high schools yet. If you were to look into this area, I would recommend the subdivisions that surround Willow Creek Park.....The Courts of Willow Creek, The Commons of Willow Creek, The Dominion, Willow Creek, and a few more Good luck!!

Old 12-21-2010, 09:04 AM

3,041 posts, read 11,889,306 times
Quote:
Heritage has one HOA fee. It's currently $340 a year.
That's very reasonable with Everything they have! thx for the info.

As for where it's located...they have many "subdivisons" in Heritage. (The Bluffs, Trinity) The Big area (has more than just Heritage but wil give a general area) THIS IS NOT EXACT>>>>
EAST of 35W, WEST of Ray White, NORTH of Shiver, SOUTH of Ray White (yes i know it's wierd but the road makes a hard turn!)

Look at the 3 elementary schools...Lone Star, Bette Perot and Eagle Ridge. Those are the Heritage schools so the neighborhoods around them (for the most part are part of Heritage)

website
Hillwood Residential | Heritage | Keller, TX | Home

Old 01-01-2011, 07:08 AM

If you are looking to drive to Heritage to view the area, you would take north-bound I35W to Heritage Trace (exit 63); head east on Heritage Trace, and you will almost immediately enter into Heritage.

Old 01-02-2011, 10:51 PM

I have seen many houses in Wedgwood and in the Crowley area. How are those area's ? What about the schools. It seems like you can get alot of house for the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth