Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 12:55 PM

2 posts, read 15,676 times

Advertisements

My husband & I will be relocating from FL to TX. In a perfect world - we would be close to the new stadium, live on a lake in an older and established neighborhood with good schools. Is there such a place near Arlington?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 08:57 PM

307 posts, read 1,181,220 times
Sorry, the lake and the stadium are on opposite ends of the city. I'd suggest living closer to the lake.

Old 02-15-2008, 09:01 PM

2 posts, read 15,676 times
Lake Arlington?? are there any other lakes?

Old 02-16-2008, 04:17 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,252,969 times
Here's a link to the lakes in North Texas. Closest one to Arlington is Joe Pool Lake which is in Cedar Hill.

North Texas / Dallas Fort Worth area lakes at a glance

Old 02-16-2008, 07:22 AM

212 posts, read 572,830 times
joe pools other side of the lake borders grand prairie which is next to arlington its pretty nice all the development is new though

Old 02-19-2008, 11:41 PM

506 posts, read 2,148,900 times
Lake Arlington is on the west side of Arlington and is a very nice area - trees, rolling hills, beautiful homes and good schools. The area around the Ranger and new Cowboy stadiums is more east/central and not an ideal residential area. Arlington is criss-crossed with many natural creeks that are dammed to create chains of smaller (1-2 acre) lakes in various neighborhoods like Interlochen, Wimbledon, etc. You can live on the water in many neighborhoods but they're more picturesque water features - not boating lakes.

Old 02-21-2008, 11:42 AM

5 posts, read 46,925 times
We currently live in Mansfield and LOVE IT!!! Joe Pool Lake is just down the road and from there you can take Hwy. 360 up to the new stadium. It's a 20 minute drive to the new stadium as I know this from working at the Texas Rangers Ballpark which is just 2 blocks away.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. We live in The Trails in Mansfield and absolutely love it here. Homes range from $180,000 to $250,000. It has a small (very small)creek that runs through it and a community pool. Lots and lots of neighborhood get-togethers, too.

Old 02-23-2008, 08:35 AM

26 posts, read 166,540 times
If you would live in Arlington, I would suggest by Lake Arlington. It seems I hear more and more crime occuring in Arlington lately. Lake Arlington will definitely be the nice part of town. You don't want to live by the stadium. Also, mansfieldmom has a good point. Mansfield is the city right next to Arlington and recently ranked on one of the nicest cities to live. I can't remember which magazine, but if you check out the city website I'm sure they've advertised that fact. Again, check with your realtor since I'm sure there is a better side to Mansfield than the other, as with all cities.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:36 AM

3 posts, read 13,050 times
Default Help in Arlington

I have sold homes in both areas. I would recommend living on Joe Pool Lake. Lake Arlington is a great area, however if you are looking for swimming than this lake is not for you. The last I knew you could not swim in Lake Arlington due to the water moccasins. You can boat, jet ski and fish in the lake though. I have been on the lake myself and have never seen one however I was not trying to find them either. Joe Pool has seen some building of nice homes around the lake and my clients have loved the area. It is a straight shot to the stadium, shopping and Dallas. Good Luck and if you need any help you can go to my website at YellowRibbonRealty.com and ask any questions you have.

Old 04-12-2008, 08:12 AM

12 posts, read 89,387 times
My parents are divorced, and I have to opportunity to live in both areas. My dad lives just south of 20, about 5 minutes from Lake Arlington. The area is nice. I don't attend the schools here, but from what I know they are pretty good. Martin is by far the best high school in the AISD. But as FortWorth mentioned, if you want to actually get in the water, Lake Arlington isn't your best pick; go with Joe Pool.

My mother lives up in North Arlington, just north of 30 and west of 360. Though very close to 6 Flags, Hurricane Harbor, and both the stadiums, the area isn't as good as the lake area. But travel a couple of miles west (more towards the Lamar High School area) and you can find many nice areas that are still close to the stadium.

On a side not, traffic is bad enough after Rangers games, so I can only imagine what it will be like after a Cowboys game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth