Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2014, 07:36 PM

4 posts, read 5,758 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Fort Worth and have lived in The Woodlands area for several years now. Spouse and I are looking at moving back to Fort Worth. We had lived in Southwest Fort Worth. We have children who will be in the 7th grade and 3rd grade. Looking at Saratoga community and The Parks at Willow Ridge. Does anyone have any input in these areas? Looking for decent schools and a good community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 09:26 AM

72 posts, read 126,795 times
Saratoga has Kay Granger pre-k to 5th right in the neighborhood. Not sure about middle school but the high school is the all new Byron Nelson in Roanoke I believe. We just moved to Saratoga and have 2 boys 8 and 5 that have already made lots of friends in school and on our street.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:42 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,535,854 times
Hi cheryldfw,
Northwest ISD is not one of the most sought after districts but if that area works for your commute needs it is certainly not bad or a district to avoid for any reason. That area is growing and developing still. If you can, come up for a weekend (you might have already done this) and spend some time making sure you will be used to the shock of the landscape after your time in the Woodlands. You will be going from trees and greenery along with established schools to new everything, generic chain shops and restaurants, construction everywhere, and a stark landscape. I am sure there are many residents who love it, and I expect there are some that live there because it makes sense re: proximity to jobs.

You might also research if this is still a problem:
Amenity Center Uncertainty Angers Homeowners of New Development | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

I don't want to be discouraging at all about Haslet; in fact, I grew up very near there and I have acquaintances from school who live there. Are you into the master planned community, proximity to Alliance, or is it near family? Those would all be great reasons to choose that location. Maybe give us a tad more info like ballpark job/s location/s and price range for home and someone familiar with the area can help. I will say off the top of my head, I have been hearing good things about Argyle but that might be a smaller ISD than you are looking for.

Best of luck to yall!

Old 05-08-2014, 02:21 PM

Thank you so much for your posts. It is a switch from the greenery we have here . The trees are nice and help shade the trails and homes, but they bring rats, birds and woodpeckers too. My family lives in Azle, Springtown, Keller and Trophy Club. I did see the Beazer home issue within the Parks at Willow Ridge. We were looking at the Highland Homes and they were very honest about a pool not being built there. I was told by friends about Hawaiian Falls water park. Thought I might be able to buy season passes there if it's good and also have a Y membership too. We do love to swim and have enjoyed all the community pools here. (also, why I like Saratoga) It is the downside of leaving. We are looking for a 4 bedroom house with an office and would like to pick our own lot. We would really like to have a decent size backyard. Nothing like an acre or half acre, but something to have a trampoline for the kiddos. We are literally right on top of our neighbors and can see multiple houses plus the street. Traffic has looked bad when we have visited last month and at Xmas.

Tell me more about Argyle? I haven't gone up there. Are there schools, restaurants, movie theatres, shopping? It was my biggest complaint when my family moved to Azle in the late 90's. I hated the commute to go to the mall or movie theatre.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:52 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Google Map Argyle and search for those things--
they won't be close--
Argyle is very spread out, ag community where land was cheap(er) 12-15 yrs ago and developers started initially building larger homes on acre lots for buyers like airline pilots--

realtor says you can track were development is doing by checking where airline pilots are buying--her theory--

Denton is growing and has two ceniplexes, decent schools, hospital with trauma center, and a Barnes and Noble--lots of restaurants--some local and foody, some chain

where are you working - out of your home?
if you need good Internet service, that might be factor you consider when choosing area like Argyle--I don't know what is available there

Old 05-09-2014, 02:34 PM

Sounds great. Thank you loves2read. Hubby works from home so definitely need good internet access.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:42 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,535,854 times
just to clarify, I was not trying to steer you towards Argyle or away from your original target areas! We are moving for my husband's job and several people mentioned Argyle to us. Couldn't be further from what I want, but some people like being removed from the hustle and bustle After 6 years in the country we have decided we like to be a little closer to it

Old 05-13-2014, 12:28 PM

Your good 4Movingeast. Too many options and it's difficult to decide when you don't live close by. I can understand wanting to live near the city. We are the same way. I like my peace and quiet, but I also like to be a 15-20 minute drive to retail, restaurants and such.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:30 PM

367 posts, read 818,017 times
IMHO, the area around Roanoke and NW Fort Worth suits your needs well - great school district, lots of variety of homes to choose from, lots of development in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth