Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2014, 10:52 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times

Advertisements

Im crossing my finger about this development also. The southern in of downtown needs a spark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2014, 07:13 AM
JJG JJG started this thread

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Im crossing my finger about this development also. The southern in of downtown needs a spark.
Which development?

(and trust me, the Near Southside already got that spark. Just wait until 7 years from now...)

Old 10-06-2014, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJG View Post
- Hulen & Vickery [name unknown]
Corner of Hulen and Vickery (duh), SWFW
5 story urban apartments overlooking the Union Pacific railyards, TCU, the Fort Worth skyline, and SWFW. To be completed by the end of 2014.
Mark this down as COMPLETE.

The apartments are known as "4000 Hulen Street" and is now leasing.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:19 PM

Some economic news...

From the FWBP article

Quote:
NGC Transmission picks Fort Worth as North American HQ
October 9, 2014
A. Lee Graham
Reporter

Fort Worth will serve as the North American headquarters for NGC Transmission, just one of several announcements made when a Fort Worth-Dallas delegation visited Beijing and Shanghai this month.
“The meetings and initiatives we discussed with our global partners in China and Japan far exceeded our expectations,” said Fort Worth Mayor Betsy Price in a news release.

About 150 employees already have been confirmed to work at NGC Renewables LLC's turbine transmission equipment plant in north Fort Worth.

NGC Renewables LLC, a subsidiary of NGC Transmission, is constructing a turbine transmission equipment plant in Fort Worth.

The delegation, led by Price, Meadows and Berzina, expressed its desire to pursue a partnership that extends the high-speed rail connection from Dallas to Fort Worth.

“This significantly elevated both the level of discussions and positive outcomes with our newest corporate client NGC and the other government representatives with whom we met. Every aspect of this international trip was a home run for our region and our city,” Berzina said.

Price said such air service and business development mission trips are priceless, allowing an international city like Fort Worth to build stronger relationships that support local trade, travel and jobs.
Horray for more jobs.

Old 10-10-2014, 11:31 PM

232 posts, read 360,590 times
A 64-Mile Bike 'Superhighway' Will Connect Fort Worth To Dallas | KERA News

Just read this, it was posted on the Dallas forum and I decided to post it on FW's too. So apparently DFW might get a bike highway?... Lol, I am positive that the people from the Fort Worth architecture forums will be happy to see this...

Old 10-11-2014, 12:09 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,696,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan1010 View Post

Just read this, it was posted on the Dallas forum and I decided to post it on FW's too. So apparently DFW might get a bike highway?... Lol, I am positive that the people from the Fort Worth architecture forums will be happy to see this...
Hooray for less CO2 emissions, less obesity, better overall health, and smart growth! (We have a long way to go).

Old 10-12-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:

Interesting.

The ENTIRE area could benefit from that.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:00 PM

The arena has a website now.

fwarena.com/

Overhead view of the entire plan.

Old 10-12-2014, 10:28 PM

232 posts, read 360,590 times
-_- I saw the image on the website before, and I have also seen the signs around the street for the propositions... and I just realized that the icon and image shows the new convention center.... Damn,I am really slow...

It still took me a while to catch on when I saw the image, the arena seems like it has already been there before...

Old 10-13-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
-_- I saw the image on the website before, and I have also seen the signs around the street for the propositions... and I just realized that the icon and image shows the new convention center.... Damn,I am really slow...
New Convention Center...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth