Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2008, 07:36 PM

45 posts, read 167,657 times

Advertisements

Hi all, my wife and I are moving to Euless for up to three months, we are staying in an apartment on American Blvd. I am wondering how near are facilities like shopping malls etc, do we have to go far to find a Diner etc.

I would also like to know if there are any taxi services in the area for getting to DFW etc. We'll be moving in on the 4th or 5th of April.

Jonathan Lowe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 01:11 PM

119 posts, read 515,133 times
Johnathan,

I am assuming you will have no car. Will you be staying at camden (we call it pink palace at work)? Taxis will go to and from where you are. for dining you have a few places on euless main but they are mostly fast food. do you work for the airline nearby? if you do, they have shuttles from soc/flight academy to dfw and hdq. it is not far from camden. many employees for the airline and faa walk to the academy to catch a ride to dfw.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:55 PM

307 posts, read 1,182,835 times
I'll assume you do have a car.

There's not much around where you are. Some neighborhoods and airline related stuff. If you go east on 183 there's restaurants and a mall in Irving. Not fancy but ok. If you go west on 183, you'll run into some things. Go as far as 820 there's a mall there. If you go north on 360 you'll have to go all the way to Grapevine, but there's lot's of eating there. They also are developing a little shopping area south on 360 off Trinity, I think. Coffee, pizza, hamburgers, etc.....a bit above the fast-food level. Euless Main/Harwood has a couple grocery stores, Kroger's and Albertson's if that's your style. Arlington has a Whole Foods, you'll need to get on Industrial and go south, turns into Collins and near I30 is a WF.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrdoeva View Post
Johnathan,

I am assuming you will have no car. Will you be staying at camden (we call it pink palace at work)? Taxis will go to and from where you are. for dining you have a few places on euless main but they are mostly fast food. do you work for the airline nearby? if you do, they have shuttles from soc/flight academy to dfw and hdq. it is not far from camden. many employees for the airline and faa walk to the academy to catch a ride to dfw.
That's where I am at the moment, we moved in on April the 5th, it grows on you. We are in one of the one bedroom apartments, had a look in a corner two bed, very nice. We have now bought to the west of Ft. Worth so will be moving out in May.

We walked all the way to Centerport, about 3 miles, we went the wrong way by American Blvd, should have gone by Hwy 360, much shorter. We got the train into Ft. Worth and had a great time in the Stock Yards, well worth a visit.

Jonathan Lowe

Old 04-14-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcane View Post
I'll assume you do have a car.

There's not much around where you are. Some neighborhoods and airline related stuff. If you go east on 183 there's restaurants and a mall in Irving. Not fancy but ok. If you go west on 183, you'll run into some things. Go as far as 820 there's a mall there. If you go north on 360 you'll have to go all the way to Grapevine, but there's lot's of eating there. They also are developing a little shopping area south on 360 off Trinity, I think. Coffee, pizza, hamburgers, etc.....a bit above the fast-food level. Euless Main/Harwood has a couple grocery stores, Kroger's and Albertson's if that's your style. Arlington has a Whole Foods, you'll need to get on Industrial and go south, turns into Collins and near I30 is a WF.
Were staying in Camden Oasis at the moment and don't have a car yet. Well were from Ireland and find the roads a bit intimidating. They go everywhere, it's as if someone threw down a heap of spagetti. However we are getting a car on Wednesday-advise you to stay off the Euless Blvd for the afternoon as we make our way back to Euless from Hurst.

We tried the Main street but the useful shops are a bit far up, so we tried West Euless Blvd and found an excellent store about a quater mile behond the lights. We can walk there without haveing to get a taxi back. Every one we ask knows nothing about the shopping etc and except for shopping mall's about six or seven miles away-have to have a car-there would appear to be nothing nearer.

By the way, at&t stink, they are so slow to do anything, I want a phone and broadband and it's taking ages to get it connected to the correct apartment. But I do like Euless

Jonathan

Old 04-15-2008, 08:44 AM

37,313 posts, read 60,009,828 times
curious as to where you bought west of FTW--Aledo? Weatherford?

and what are you doing that you are training (if you don't mind saying) cause I think a drive to DFW airport area frm west of FTW is not an easy commute with the gas prices and traffic...

there is nice Italian restaurant--locally owned not a chain--off Euless main N of 183 called Saviano's and there is Euless main BBq which has a pretty good local reputation...

the golf course at TX star is very good if you like golf...

there are plenty of local--not chain--restaurants in the area
try the NY Deli on 157--good sandwiches with lots of meat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth