Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2008, 08:46 AM

82 posts, read 269,904 times

Advertisements

I've looked for threads specifically about the Fort Worth area, but haven't found much. Maybe I'm just blind. I had posted before and like the Frisco area, but now my husband's job may be in Irving. Is Forth Worth family friendly and safe (with newer homes and nice neighborhoods) or should we just stick with a commute? I've seen some decent homes on the net, but those could just be the nicer areas in FW. What about schools, too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 08:52 AM

362 posts, read 1,719,558 times
Abby, I'm so sorry, but I'm totally confused. Frisco is north of Dallas, so there would likely be more info on the Dallas board regarding that area. The commute from Frisco to Ft. Worth would be a PIA. Is that where you currently live? Of course Ft. Worth has some beautiful homes/ nice neighborhoods. If you clarify your post we might be able to give you some suggestions. Where is work? Where are you currently living? What distance of a commute is doable for you/spouse? and what is your budget range?

Old 07-17-2008, 09:13 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,483,372 times
Have you posted on the Ft Worth forum?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/fort-worth/

Old 07-17-2008, 09:19 AM

Default sorry to confuse

I didn't really give much detail did I? OK, we currently live in Atlanta, however my husband is looking at jobs with the same company but in different areas. One job is in Plano, where we would live in Frisco so I could go to UNT. Another position is in Irving and I would go to UTA, so I was interesting in living in Ft. Worth. So we are looking at different areas (after we finally narrowed it down from San Antonio vs DFW). Right now our commutes are 1-1.5 hours each way, so we're not afraid of a little driving. As far as range - somewhere in the $160-200 for a house. Irving and Arlington don't look as appealing house-wise. We'd really like nothing older than 8 years. hence, my interest in the FW option.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:20 AM

Default Ooohhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper131 View Post
Have you posted on the Ft Worth forum?

https://www.city-data.com/forum/fort-worth/

I didn't know there was one, I thought DFW was one in the same. sorry.

Old 07-17-2008, 09:41 AM

362 posts, read 1,719,558 times
Just an FYI. The Lewisville/ Flower Mound area is also a reasonable commute to Irving and also a very doable commute to the main UNT campus in Denton. That area has quite a mix of old and new construction. I do love Ft. Worth though!

Old 07-17-2008, 12:36 PM

2,531 posts, read 6,251,801 times
Funkytown is waaaaaay too far of a commute from Irving or Plano. Since you live in the Atlanta area, that would be the equivalent of driving from Marietta to McDonough.

And Valley Ranch is a very nice area in Irving. Coppell would be a good suburb too.

Ft. Worth is a large city in its own right, with about 700,000 people, so it would be too hard to peg in a nutshell.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:00 PM

1,018 posts, read 4,110,686 times
If the job is in Irving, Ft Worth is too far a commute IMO.

Old 07-17-2008, 03:11 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,616,167 times
One thing that is hard for many people to understand is that there is far more to Fort Worth than the city proper when you are looking online at maps and such. There are tons of cities, both small and large, in and around Fort Worth, Dallas and Denton. Frisco, Plano, Irving are just 3 of the tremendous amount of cities.

There is just no way to narrow it down that easily. Additionally there are all kinds pockets of areas within each city that would make most of them an area of potential.
It's truly best to be here in person and see what there is to offer and see what the actual commute is like before settling on one house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth