Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 03:47 PM

340 posts, read 645,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel713 View Post
Traffic accidents at intersections have gone up because of the red-light cameras. Mostly from people rear-ending each other.
Not the TxDOT study published this month regarding cameras in Houston.

Right-angle crashes were reduced by 43% percent; rear-end collisions increased by 5%. There seemed to be a reduction in crashes in that case (can't speak for all cities, though).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 10:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,034 times
I have lived in Germany for a couple of years, there are cameras on nearly every street corner and in speed zones, they work fine. Their police no longer waste time on petty activities such as speeding tickets and other minor citations (unless it is done in front of them). They are able to spend their time with “real crime”, you should want the same from our police and your safety. Every day, I read the paper about another robbery or murder in the DFW area, if the cops are able to spend more time on these types of incidents I am not concerned that you are inconvenienced because you are forced to drive correctly. Happy Driving!

Old 03-26-2009, 03:57 PM

11 posts, read 33,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
Yes, you CAN turn right on red UNLESS there is a sign posted otherwise. There ARE some intersections were it is not allowed. And NO, it does not take a picture if there is a 5' space between cars. Where on earth did you hear that one. It takes a picture of a car if it senses movement in that direction if the light is red. If you were indeed turning right on red then it should be obvious by the cars direction.

FYI, they have red light cameras in Florida too. I guess it is okay for Florida to have them though, huh.
We have red light cameras here in Virginia too

Old 03-26-2009, 08:35 PM

3,644 posts, read 10,937,498 times
I lived in MI when they installed them there. I lived in FL when they were installed there. NM too and now CO. I've traveled through AZ and CA extensively to visit family.

I have NEVER gotten a ticket by a red light camera. The only person in our family who has is KNOWN by ALL to live by the credo that "Red means stop, green means go, Yellow means SPEED UP". He has been caught 4x by the same light. Rants to everyone everytime. Still hasn't paid his tickets, the oldest one is more than a year old now.

I guess the whole world will hear about it when he has his car impounded for the outstanding tickets.

He is a "Victim" of everybody and everything too, just like the OP.

Old 03-27-2009, 10:49 AM

54 posts, read 204,630 times
They give you the info to watch yourself on the video, why don't you watch and see if you did do something wrong?

Old 03-28-2009, 11:35 PM

113 posts, read 392,886 times
Stop crying over $75, go get a job at UPS for one week and pay your fine, Be a men or women about it. Step up to the plate and do what is right.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:25 AM

146 posts, read 437,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXCountryBoy View Post
Stop crying over $75, go get a job at UPS for one week and pay your fine, Be a men or women about it. Step up to the plate and do what is right.
How about I put you on that same street corner and you can make the money back for me in about an hour

Old 03-30-2009, 02:17 PM

350 posts, read 1,288,035 times
Dallas does the same thing and I hate it.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:12 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,930,313 times
Just contest every single one of them you get. Take it all the way to court. Even if you lose, you will have sucked up all the money from the ticket that would otherwise be "revenue". That way you confirm your ticket is genuinely about safety and not just a cash cow.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:50 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,607,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
yesterday I was traveling on street in my local area that has just installed red light cameras at busy intersection--we have seen the flash a couple of times--but yesterday as I was entering the intersection the light turned yellow--I sort of froze--took my foot off accelarator ofr nano second--then hit the gas--I made it to the other side w/o the camera going off...but it was unnerving waiting for the flash..
They make me feel like Atreyu in The Neverending Story trying to walk by those two sphinx like statue things that shoot lasers out of their eyes if youre not fast enough and confident enough to make it past. haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth