Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 07:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,880 times

Advertisements

I am not familiar with this area, but it would make for a much shorter commute. I noticed a lot of new developments going up and was curious about the crime rates and overall feel of the area. I am mostly looking between Risinger and 1187, west of I35. I don't have children now but as far as resale or a family in the future, how are the schools? I know that some of the bordering neighborhoods are kinda scketchy (everman, oak grove, south arlington), does that seem to spill over to the crowley area? I'm looking for a family friendly, safe, moderate area of middle income employed individuals. Any info helps, tell me what you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2009, 08:12 AM

15 posts, read 10,605 times
VERY safe.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Crowley-Texas.html

Old 09-07-2009, 09:44 AM

140 posts, read 270,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim21 View Post
I am not familiar with this area, but it would make for a much shorter commute. I noticed a lot of new developments going up and was curious about the crime rates and overall feel of the area. I am mostly looking between Risinger and 1187, west of I35. I don't have children now but as far as resale or a family in the future, how are the schools? I know that some of the bordering neighborhoods are kinda scketchy (everman, oak grove, south arlington), does that seem to spill over to the crowley area? I'm looking for a family friendly, safe, moderate area of middle income employed individuals. Any info helps, tell me what you know.
I know N. Crowley is a safe area. As far as schools in N. Crowley, they are about very integrated with blacks, whites & Mexicans. This has caused some problems, but it isn't as bad as other schools. Is Crowley just like this? I don't know, but it would be interesting to know.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:13 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,840,928 times
Crowley is very safe and a very nice area to live in.

Old 09-13-2009, 12:22 PM

9 posts, read 42,342 times
I have lived in South Ft Worth up until recently, close to the sycamore/mccart intersection. Crime in our neighborhood has been steadily increased and it wasnt even really safe to go to our neighborhood wal-mart. I think you would do well to actually come and drive around the area before you commit to living there. If I were you, I would move to Crowley or Burleson before living in South Fort Worth. Safer.

Old 09-13-2009, 11:25 PM

19 posts, read 65,300 times
Burleson has grown fast thru the years and always had a drug problem w/the teens....same as w/neighboring Joshua. But......they are nice areas...some very nice housing.....schools are probably not any worse than other public schools. Same is true w/south Arlington....Kennedale area......gonna have the same problems w/teens and school no matter where you go. ALWAYS best to check it out personally.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:01 AM

2 posts, read 6,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwjennifer View Post
I have lived in South Ft Worth up until recently, close to the sycamore/mccart intersection. Crime in our neighborhood has been steadily increased and it wasnt even really safe to go to our neighborhood wal-mart. I think you would do well to actually come and drive around the area before you commit to living there. If I were you, I would move to Crowley or Burleson before living in South Fort Worth. Safer.
I will agree with this. There has been a big increase in crime in that specific area lately. My parents are near that intersection and almost every store has been robbed in the last year. Their neighbors have reported people stealing things out of their garages while they are home.

Old 07-11-2010, 05:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,077 times
I live in Crowley near the main street where it meets 731 and find it extremely safe. We have lots of nice older homes for sale right now in the area. We have a neighborhood watch on our street (Malone), but we have had no crime in the area. The Fire and Police departments are less than 3 blocks away. Is Crowley safe? Probably the safest of the surrounding areas in the Fort Worth metroplex.

Old 07-11-2010, 06:01 PM

368 posts, read 1,785,440 times
While crime at McCart & Sycamore School road may be up, and I can see why, I'm near Risinger and Hulen, and it's mighty quiet.

We purchased in March, and haven't regretted it for one second.

Old 01-20-2011, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 3,569 times
I just moved here from Houston and just recently got an apartment on hulen bend blvd is it safe here I'm really beginning to have my doubts about it... Any incite would be greatly appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth