Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2007, 04:29 PM

4 posts, read 93,728 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any inexpensive banquet halls in the Mid-Cities, Keller, Watauga, N Richland Hills area that could be used for a small wedding/reception of about 50 ppl? There has got to be something out there that does not include all the trappings of a traditional wedding. We are looking for something VERY informal for a non-traditional informal wedding for early summer 2008. Would really like something that where we could bring in our own food & liquor. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 08:45 AM

5,412 posts, read 15,918,773 times
If you want an outdoor wedding, try the FW Botanic Garden in the Cultural District. I've been there twice so far (not for weddings) and noticed weddings occurring both times.

Old 05-31-2007, 09:13 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
there are some non-denominational wedding chapels in NRH/Hurst TX area that I know of and some other places I found doing a Google search for wedding chapels Tarrant Co...have no clue about costs for any of these but web sites may have information...some of them are little unconventional and not a regular banquet type hall...

this is on precinct line road--seems to allow you to bring food to reception--not much specific info on pricing available
The Northeast Wedding Chapel - General Information (http://www.northeastweddingchapel.com/info.html - broken link)
found this site w/reviews
Northeast Wedding Chapel - Hurst, TX 76054 - Reviews: Wedding Sites, Houses of Worship

this is one close to NE Mall in Hurst...
Dallas Fort Worth Wedding Chapel Church - Corner Wedding Chapel
says that you can bring your own food but can also have them cater...

this one is located a little further north--although it is not easily determined on the web link
Weddings Just Like In The Movies! (http://www.whitechapelestate.com/pages/2/index.htm - broken link)

this is wedding chapel that is on Bedford-Euless rd in older strip mall that apparently a "pastor" and his wife run--not sure what denomination (if any) only have info from wed site--not personal experience--but they do receptions on site as well apparently so probably would not let you just rent facilities
Adorable Weddings Home Page (http://www.adorableweddings.net/index.htm - broken link)

the city of Hurst has the Brookside Center which has kitchen facilities and might work for wedding you cater yourself--seems to be reasonable fees but it is kind of plain
Hurst Recreation Department - Facility Rentals

Chisolm Park has a small lake that would be pretty site for wedding and there are covered pavillions there to rent --not sure about alcohol policy if you want that...

The Old Bedford School can be rented for weddings and special events
The Old Bedford School: Wedding Rental Information
It is very pretty on inside--two rooms don't have the school room design..patio at the rear might be useable for outdoor ceremony..and indoors for reception...

This is link to park/recq for city of Grapevine--they have couple of places that might interest you: think there is no alcohol allowed there

Parks and Recreation

there is also company with two rather unique ideas for a wedding/reception on the lake itself...if you are willing to be pretty casual and dont' get seasick...
Just For Fun Watercraft Rentals - Grapevine Party Barge and
Just For Fun Watercraft Rentals - Lewisville Party Barge

Arlington which is not too far away from Mid-Cities has wedding package at Bob Duncan center which allows you to bring your own food for $1 a person fee--rental fees for rooms vary
:: Bob Duncan Center ::
you can also rent a pavillion w/electricity at River Legacy park or perhaps another park and have alcohol if you get a permit--
don't know what that involves...

There is wedding chapel in Stockyards in FTW with reception hall that allows BYOB
The Stockyards Wedding Chapel Homepage (broken link)

this is home out in Azle by Eagle Mtn Lake...
The Durham Place - Azle - Events - weddings, receptions & meetings at a TX country inn (broken link) but probably does not allow your own food...

If you are baseball fans, you might conside the Museum Legends of the Game at Ranger Stadium in Arlington--apparently there are places there where you can host a wedding
The Official Site of The Texas Rangers: Ballpark: Legends of the Game Museum - Special Events

there is Knights of Columbus hall in Bedford S. off Brown Trail exit that you can rent--has large kitchen but pretty plain--don't have to be catholic but it is used for KOC activities as well as private parties...says that it is NON-SMOKING facility...
Knights of Columbus - Bedford Texas ... Hall Rentals for all occasions

good luck---remember--wedding lasts a couple of hours--marriage should last a lifetime...

Old 06-05-2007, 04:07 PM

4 posts, read 93,728 times
Default Thanks

You had some really good ideas! Some I had checked into and others are new to me. My wedding has lasted a lifetime (34 yrs) this is for a daughter. Appreciate your response, thanks!

Old 06-08-2007, 05:55 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
then I guess you know what I meant--our wedding had so many "imperfect" moments anyone would have bet the marriage would have been a write off--but we are still together after 35 years, a child with cancer, a job melt-down, and smaller problems...
good luck to your daughter...will post if I see anything else--
You might also see if there are any new restaurants going to be opening in yur area===they always do one or two nights of break=in service to train staff and kitchen--they might work a deal with you depending on how large a party you have===
right now w/mosquitos like they are--I don't know I would recommend an outdoor wedding...

Old 12-05-2008, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 31,979 times
I am looking for a place to rent in Arlington or mansfield for my husbands 30th birthday party. If someone could help me with some ideas of where to rent a place, It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Old 02-24-2011, 06:41 PM

1 posts, read 20,360 times
Izan Hall in Irving Texas is a nice place. Ive been there before for a birthday party and the had a great staff, and lake side parking with vallet too. I think there website was (irvingpartyhall.webs.com)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth