Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 03:13 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,317,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brajohns81 View Post
No. Fort Worth does not have the name recognition Dallas does. Fort Worth needs to wake up and realize that they are second banana and always will be. Dallas is a big business and cosmopolitan town, Fort Worth is an industrial cowtown. Dallas has the major sports teams, Fort Worth does not. Internationally many people have heard of Dallas and often travel there for business. You can tell most people in England that you are headed to Fort Worth for business(without mentioning the state and country it is located)and they will not know where it is or even heard of the city before.
Whoa! Ft. Worth is not second banana to Dallas. We are talking about two separate entities. Ft. Worth has no desire to be the size of Dallas. We like Ft. Worth just the way it is. The downtown is a vital place both morning and night. It's easy to get to and get around in. The parks are nifty and the museums are world class. Our Stockyard district attracts millions of tourists and there is a lot to do in that area. Plus we have one of the best zoos in the US.

Fort Worth is a perfect size and a great place to raise kids but don't tell anyone.

Old 05-29-2010, 03:19 PM

744 posts, read 1,847,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Lol, heck no. I want to see Houston get the NHL team first. And Houston is 2nd in line in the country at getting an NHL team only after Kansas City.

So Fort Worth won't be getting it.

I can see Fort Worth get an NBA team, since IMO, NBA is the most accessible, if Seattle can lose it's team to Oklahoma City, then I'm sure Fort Worth can make a great case to get one.

NHL, there's no chance.
NFL, Fort Worth has no chance, especially because after LA, San Antonio is next in line to be considered for NFL.
MLB, Never happening "Texas Rangers" is more than enough for the metroplex.
MLS, Yes I can see Fort Worth getting an MLS team. It's as accessible as NBA in most cases.

What do you mean when you ask Dallas get a national league baseball team?
The Metroplex already has one.

I meant one in the national league. They have one in the American league. Many big metros like New York and Los Angeles have teams in both category.

I don't think OKC was wrong to get an NBA team. They are big enough and many cities OKC's size have teams in other major league categories as well, like Seattle and Boston(which OKC is around the same size as).

Old 05-29-2010, 03:28 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Quote:
I meant one in the national league. They have one in the American league. Many big metros like New York and Los Angeles have teams in both category.

I don't think OKC was wrong to get an NBA team. They are big enough and many cities OKC's size have teams in other major league categories as well, like Seattle and Boston(which OKC is around the same size as).
Seattle and Boston have larger metropolitan populations than Oklahoma City by far! Which contributes to successful media markets.

Take Jacksonville as an example, looking at the city population, it's the 13th largest in the country, but it's metropolitan population is 1.3 million, it's considered the 3rd smallest media market for NFL after Green Bay and Buffalo because of that.

Well Dallas isn't on NYC or LA's level, it has to get through Chicago whose got two MLB teams too (Cubs and White Sox), chances of Dallas getting another team for any of the Big 4, probably never going to happen. The metroplex can get more teams, but they'll be Fort Worth's. But then again, that's just an NBA and MLS team at the most. Chances of Dallas getting another team is probably zero.

Seattle is probably going to get an NBA team sooner than later. I can't see them being ignored for too long.

Old 05-31-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Seattle and Boston have larger metropolitan populations than Oklahoma City by far! Which contributes to successful media markets.

Take Jacksonville as an example, looking at the city population, it's the 13th largest in the country, but it's metropolitan population is 1.3 million, it's considered the 3rd smallest media market for NFL after Green Bay and Buffalo because of that.

Well Dallas isn't on NYC or LA's level, it has to get through Chicago whose got two MLB teams too (Cubs and White Sox), chances of Dallas getting another team for any of the Big 4, probably never going to happen. The metroplex can get more teams, but they'll be Fort Worth's. But then again, that's just an NBA and MLS team at the most. Chances of Dallas getting another team is probably zero.

Seattle is probably going to get an NBA team sooner than later. I can't see them being ignored for too long.
Yes, but Seattle sucks. The Supersonics, now known as the OKC Thunder, have been doing much better as a team since moving to OKC.

Dallas will be Chicago's current size in the future.

Old 05-31-2010, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Yes, but Seattle sucks. The Supersonics, now known as the OKC Thunder, have been doing much better as a team since moving to OKC.

Dallas will be Chicago's current size in the future.
That's totally a lie:

Dallas:
- City Proper: 1,279,910
- MSA: 6,447,615
- CSA: 6,805,275

Chicago:
- City Proper: 2,853,114
- MSA: 9,580,567
- CSA: 9,804,845

There is no possible way, even with it's growth that it will surpass Chicago for another 55-60 years. And by then, I doubt Dallas will keep that pace of growth for another half a century. Because Chicago's metropolitan area is growing too. And so is it's CSA, in fact by then it's CSA will combine with Milwaukee's to add another 3 million people based off of commute.
There is just no way.

As for the city proper, yeah that's not happening this century.

Lol, you're starting to worry me. You have to know this stuff ahead of time before making claims like that.

And no lol, Seattle was actually pretty good. They moved because of the team management and because of the facility and such. But yeah, the Thunder's have done well this year.

Old 05-31-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
That's totally a lie:

Dallas:
- City Proper: 1,279,910
- MSA: 6,447,615
- CSA: 6,805,275

Chicago:
- City Proper: 2,853,114
- MSA: 9,580,567
- CSA: 9,804,845

There is no possible way, even with it's growth that it will surpass Chicago for another 55-60 years. And by then, I doubt Dallas will keep that pace of growth for another half a century. Because Chicago's metropolitan area is growing too. And so is it's CSA, in fact by then it's CSA will combine with Milwaukee's to add another 3 million people based off of commute.
There is just no way.

As for the city proper, yeah that's not happening this century.

Lol, you're starting to worry me. You have to know this stuff ahead of time before making claims like that.

And no lol, Seattle was actually pretty good. They moved because of the team management and because of the facility and such. But yeah, the Thunder's have done well this year.

Yet Fort Worth will surpass Chicago??

Also, why are you so against the Thunder in OKC??

Old 05-31-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Yet Fort Worth will surpass Chicago??

Also, why are you so against the Thunder in OKC??
Haha heck no. Fort Worth doesn't have a chance at surpassing Chicago. The only Texas city that does is Houston.

Nothing against them at all. I just thought it was a dumb move for them.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Haha heck no. Fort Worth doesn't have a chance at surpassing Chicago. The only Texas city that does is Houston.

Nothing against them at all. I just thought it was a dumb move for them.

When do you think FW will surpass Dallas if it does??

Why was it a dumb move for them?? They have half a million people.

Old 05-31-2010, 07:43 PM

Quote:
When do you think FW will surpass Dallas if it does??

Why was it a dumb move for them?? They have half a million people.
If my math is right and if it sustains the same amount of growth or even drops by say 15% at the worst, it will surpass Dallas near 2030, no sooner, and that's if Dallas grows the same rate it is as well.

I guess it's personal preference, I like Seattle more.

Old 05-31-2010, 10:53 PM

Quote:
If my math is right and if it sustains the same amount of growth or even drops by say 15% at the worst, it will surpass Dallas near 2030, no sooner, and that's if Dallas grows the same rate it is as well.

I guess it's personal preference, I like Seattle more.
So there is nothing written in stone that Fort Worth will even surpass Dallas??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth