Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:33 AM

7 posts, read 36,096 times

Advertisements

My family (only 3 of us) is looking for a temporary place in the Fort Worth area until our current out-of-state house sells. My husband's company only pays to move him once, so we are attempting to keep our current house furnished until the sale. So we are looking for either a 1 or 2 bedroom FURNISHED apartment/house. We looked into a Residence Inn, but that would cost us a small fortune on top of our current mortgage. Any suggestions for us in the area. We hope to be in the temporary place for about 2 months. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 11:54 AM

3,086 posts, read 7,611,753 times
Most of the only other places that might come furnished that I know about are some of the apartments geared towards college students right next to the schools, or some of the ones near the airport. My ex moved into a furnished apartment right off 183 near DFW, but that was 13 years ago, so I have no idea if they still offer that or not.

I'd suggest googling furnished apartments and see what comes up.

Old 08-28-2009, 02:48 PM

I tried googling before posting. It was not helpful.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:07 PM

394 posts, read 1,256,535 times
OK. Here's what we did while our house languished on the market in 'Jersey. We lived in a furnished apartment provided by a corporate housing firm. Oakwood Worldwide has a number of apartments in the DFW are. You can Google the company OR I can provide the contact information that I used during our four months in temporary housing (just this past February - how time flies ). We stayed in Grand Prairie where we had the option of having garage spaces and parking spaces for our cars. I think that whatever your needs, they can help you. It worked for us.

If you can't find them on the web, let me know and I'll provide the contact that worked with us.

Side note: I'm sure that your husband's company will pay for temporary storage of your home items. I can't see any sense in leaving them in your home. I think that homes show better when they are empty. That way, the prospective new owners' minds will fill the home with furniture as their imagination sees fit, giving them early "ownership" of the space, if you catch what I'm saying here... Every little bit helps .

-Eric

Old 08-28-2009, 03:32 PM

Default Oakwood

Eric,
I came across the Oakwood company this morning. But I think it was around $90/night, which is comparable to Residence Inn. The cost steered us away from Residence Inn. That is over $5k in just 2 months. Does this cost seem accurate to what you paid? If no, then I will definitely give them a call. Thanks.
Melodie

Old 08-28-2009, 04:32 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,611,753 times
Googling extended stay in fort worth texas turned up all kinds of places to check into. Here's a link:

Fort Worth Area Extended Stay Hotels and Corporate Housing - Biz-stay.com

There's also this place I've driven by many times. Intown Suites that is $169.99/week that turned up in a different search.

That was just the extended stay places....there were also all sorts listed for furnished apartments.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:27 AM

45 posts, read 167,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by interracial family View Post
My family (only 3 of us) is looking for a temporary place in the Fort Worth area until our current out-of-state house sells. My husband's company only pays to move him once, so we are attempting to keep our current house furnished until the sale. So we are looking for either a 1 or 2 bedroom FURNISHED apartment/house. We looked into a Residence Inn, but that would cost us a small fortune on top of our current mortgage. Any suggestions for us in the area. We hope to be in the temporary place for about 2 months. Thanks.
You don't say what side of FT. Worth your husband is working but if it's the east side then may I suggest Camden Oasis on American Blvd, Euless. They usually have some one or two bed apartment's and they will furnish it for you and also take short term renting. My wife and myself got a one bed for a month while looking for a house in Springtown. That's the only apartment complex that I am sure still does short lettings. They have a lot of students going to the flying school down in Arlington.

Jonathan

Last edited by Jonathan.Lowe; 08-29-2009 at 06:29 AM.. Reason: some spelling errors that I spotted

Old 08-29-2009, 08:01 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
I don't mean to be rude--but I hope your home sells quickly and you have a good agent there

there are plenty of people caught in your situation where they are in moving limbo when the owned-home sits on this slow market

Old 08-29-2009, 11:58 AM

394 posts, read 1,256,535 times
CORT Business Services: Housing - Relocation - Furniture

-Eric

Old 05-16-2010, 07:11 PM

2 posts, read 5,782 times
Question Son going to Lincoln college of technology in August 2010 in near Grande Prairie,TX

I'm a single mom recently separated and would like to move near my seventeen year old sons school. I also would like to be there to support him through his early youth educational journey not to mention his tuition fees. If you are someone you know can rent out a one-two bedroom house to me and my two younger children I would be most grateful. I can afford to pay 650.00 per month.plus lights. all suggestion excepted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Fort Worth