Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick
 [Register]
Frederick Frederick County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 12:45 PM

8 posts, read 39,774 times

Advertisements

lol @ people still referring to Frederick as "Fredneck" and thinking it's all "white collar" Happyville. It's 2007. There were 3 shootings in the last 6 days. Frederick City has a higher crime average then Germantown, Rockville and Hagerstown. Yes, Frederick definatly has it's beautiful areas but the fact of the matter is even most of the suburbs have been infested with problems. Not to mention the Gang issues out 40 and in town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2007, 09:33 AM

8 posts, read 37,281 times
Fred-neck lol

Old 08-16-2007, 08:57 PM

149 posts, read 668,134 times
When I used to visit as a little kid, it was a sleepy town "out in the country", but now days, there is a growing job sector and a lot of redevelopment, with new residents. It has morphed into quite the major satellite city of D.C. and places like Urbana to the south have become D.C. suburbs.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:59 AM

1,763 posts, read 5,996,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smith40 View Post
lol @ people still referring to Frederick as "Fredneck" and thinking it's all "white collar" Happyville. It's 2007. There were 3 shootings in the last 6 days. Frederick City has a higher crime average then Germantown, Rockville and Hagerstown. Yes, Frederick definatly has it's beautiful areas but the fact of the matter is even most of the suburbs have been infested with problems. Not to mention the Gang issues out 40 and in town.
I've been away from Frederick for about 2 yrs now, but I don't remember it being as bad as this. The town had 0 murders in 2005. But I still think it's much better than living closer in towards DC. It's always seemed to me that crime and congestion increase rapidly as you get closer to Washington.

Old 09-16-2007, 09:04 PM

63 posts, read 259,512 times
Frederick's old town-y area is very charming. I know nothing about the rest of the county.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:08 PM

2 posts, read 10,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperX View Post
If only Frederick would stop having whites trying to be black it would be awesome. It has a wonderful park Baker Park, i will be there for the 4th as I was last year and seen Jamie O'Neal sing. Its ok to have those lil ghetto sections for any municipality but the Wiggers need to stop.
I can tell that you are a racist, it is said that one day you will face the big guy and answer to what you are saying about people. I will pray for you and others like you that one day you can accept other people and their cultures.

Old 09-22-2007, 04:16 PM

2 posts, read 10,700 times
I relocated to Frederick in 2004. I enjoy living in this environment, but the jobs suck. They don't pay enough, so I work in DC. The commute is horrible. But I would not live anywhere else. I think it is a great place to raise children.

Old 11-06-2007, 08:10 PM

2 posts, read 10,505 times
Default Frederick

People can say what they want about Frederick but the truth is everybody want more this and more that in Frederick but as you try to become the big-city you want to be you get these problems Frederick is only going through the same thing every other city was and still is going through you people are just to naive to see it you think Frederick is special well sorry to burst ya bubble is not yes the crimes are wrong and horrible as all crimes are but not because of the so-called W***ers I hate that word but I'll address that on another thread it's sipmly growing pains

Old 11-06-2007, 08:22 PM

2 posts, read 10,505 times
Default you idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperX View Post
If only Frederick would stop having whites trying to be black it would be awesome. It has a wonderful park Baker Park, i will be there for the 4th as I was last year and seen Jamie O'Neal sing. Its ok to have those lil ghetto sections for any municipality but the Wiggers need to stop.
Now look i see that your from waynesboro so if i was as closed-minded as you i would say that you are a corn feed 2 1/2 teeth having date you sister and your sheep at the same time and ride a john deer tractor everywhere you go but i'm not so enough said but actually it's not what the F**k would you know about frederick's problems your in a different state and for you to say that word means that you think that being means you must like country music,budweiser,fords,and hate black people well let me tell you this you are dead wrong being white or any race means you have the choice to like what you want and who you want and time the freakin day so next time your down in frederick walk into some of those "lil ghetto parts" as you called them and utter that word then you'll see how stupid that word is

Old 11-08-2007, 09:16 AM

11 posts, read 79,394 times
My husband works for the police department and the crime in Frederick compared to surrounding areas is very very bad. It is thought to be caused by the explosion of ppl moving out here to escape high housing costs and the lack of jobs here. We lived there for two years and I'm so glad to be gone. The schools are also horrendous compared to surrounding areas. The worst around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Frederick