Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 01:46 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,947,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I haven't worn socks in over 10 years.....well I do ONLY when I got to a wedding or funeral...but those socks are well over 10 years old....
Your shoes must really stink, especially if you do any athletic activity in them....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 02:22 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,238,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
Your shoes must really stink, especially if you do any athletic activity in them....
I'd say no more than yours would..... Socks don't stop wetness... (sweat)

Heck there are people on here that say they don't use TP and you are worried about how my shoes smell? (:>)

Old 06-12-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
I'd say no more than yours would..... Socks don't stop wetness... (sweat)

Heck there are people on here that say they don't use TP and you are worried about how my shoes smell? (:>)
I never saw the thing about TP. That's pretty bad.

I don't wear socks when I do yardwork because my feet often get wet, and it's miserable to have wet socks on inside shoes. But the shoes I wear to do yardwork positively stink, much worse than my running shoes do, even though the running shoes are used much more strenuously.

Old 06-12-2010, 02:56 PM

Quote:

I don't wear socks when I do yardwork because my feet often get wet, and it's miserable to have wet socks on inside shoes. But the shoes I wear to do yardwork positively stink, much worse than my running shoes do, even though the running shoes are used much more strenuously.
I went and smelled my shoes and they are OK.....LOL....

I guess I should have said that.....I probably only wear them maybe two hours a week at the most....The rest of the time I am bare footed....

Old 06-12-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I went and smelled my shoes and they are OK.....LOL....

I guess I should have said that.....I probably only wear them maybe two hours a week at the most....The rest of the time I am bare footed....
Ah, that changes things. You can't stink them up much if you're not wearing them.

I was just kidding around anyway, man... But I have to say, after I wore my old sneakers without socks a couple of times for gardening (fairly strenuous work out in the heat), I couldn't even keep them in my bedroom. I had to put them down in the garage....

Old 06-12-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Ah, that changes things. You can't stink them up much if you're not wearing them.

I was just kidding around anyway, man... But I have to say, after I wore my old sneakers without socks a couple of times for gardening (fairly strenuous work out in the heat), I couldn't even keep them in my bedroom. I had to put them down in the garage....
I know you're kidding..LOL..

Old 06-12-2010, 03:54 PM

8,091 posts, read 15,432,086 times
Quote:
Quote:
I'm pretty sure that the OP (always good for a great laugh) of this thread started that TP thread also

Old 06-12-2010, 04:00 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
In the 1990's I bought 6 pairs of socks from some catalog.
I think it worked out to $ 2 a pair.
These socks lasted 15 years ! ( honest ) and they came in colors like forest green , maroon , deep blue , black ( not exactly the best of colors but they lasted forever !

Old 06-12-2010, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalara View Post
I'm pretty sure that the OP (always good for a great laugh) of this thread started that TP thread also
That's pretty funny. I never saw the other thread.

If he doesn't mind not using toilet paper, I don't see why he bothers with socks at all. Stinky shoes must be the least of his problems...

Old 06-12-2010, 06:51 PM

61,691 posts, read 87,077,794 times
Quote:
That's pretty funny. I never saw the other thread.

If he doesn't mind not using toilet paper, I don't see why he bothers with socks at all. Stinky shoes must be the least of his problems...

One scent covers another, just to confuse others
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living