Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 03:55 PM

1 posts, read 1,449 times

Advertisements

Let me know when you're done with it.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:02 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,836,946 times
What's even more interesting is that you managed to get almost 7,000 viewers on a thread about getting a free (used) wooden swing set. What's that about?

Old 06-13-2013, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 1,399 times
I live in Jackson MI. My 9 year old granddaughter is in need of a swing, swing, swing set something to play on in her yard. If anyone out there knows of one that may be available or how I can get her one please help?

Old 06-14-2013, 06:47 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karar0se View Post
I been looking for a wooden swing set for my 3 year old, but your right they cost more then i can afford. my 3 year old is very hyper and the swing set would help so much to keep him busy.
you got very lucky. I am not that lucky LOL but I will keep looking for one that I can afford
We got rid of ours, just told some people, who spread the word, and by Saturday, a young couple with two babies came over, we told them, just get it out of the yard, it is yours...sort of "pay it forward". Good luck. Ask around.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:44 AM

442 posts, read 588,519 times
Wow, Good for you

I put an add on Craigslist once asking for a Sandbox. I used it as a vegetable garden bed

Old 05-26-2015, 10:02 PM

1 posts, read 896 times
Im looking for a wooden swing set for two twin girls there two yrs old I cant afford it if anyone has one they wanted to give away would be very appreciated thank you I live in the Austin Albert lea area would pick up

Old 05-27-2015, 09:31 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
I always used to watch for old houses being vacated and about to be demolished. I got one of those lovely wooden porch swings hung on chains, free, just by asking the owner of an abandoned house. (Like the one John Anderson puts the make on Charlotte Johnson.) I got lots of old stuff like that, I replaced all my light switches with those old-fashioned push-button types, with the on-button mother-or-pearl. Free claw-foot bathtub, free piano just for hauling them away.

Last edited by jtur88; 05-27-2015 at 09:40 AM..

Old 07-24-2015, 01:09 AM

1 posts, read 738 times
I am looking for a used to free wooden swing set. I have been looking for 5 months, right when I'm close or on my way .....they give it to someone else an I have to turn around or they don't return your text or calls. I can tell you I really don't understand why people are so mean an ugly? This is for my hrand kids, I gave swing set, trampoline, bikes dolls an their go cart to the children at the very end of our road. It was like Christmas for them. I gave with love. Its not always about money.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:43 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,490,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNGal78 View Post
Ok, so now I am HIGHLY recommending that people use their local online classifieds when looking for big ticket items.

I posted an ad online looking for a used wooden swingset. I have 2 kids ages 3 and 8. We just couldn't afford a wooden swingset at retail prices but were hoping to find something cheap/used.

Of course, I got a few replies...people wanting too much for something that was in sad shape.

Then this man called and said he had a 4 year old , 2 story wooden swingset he had purchased at Sam's Club for $1000.00 and his kids had outgrown it. I asked how much. "Oh, you can have it if you haul it off and get it out of my way."

We went to look at it that night, and got it the next day. I wasn't going to let something like that sit around too long.

It has 2 story platform on top, wood shingled roof, 2 swings, monkey bars, huge green plastic slide like new, built in picnic table bench thing, stairs, plastic tree trunk climber on one side, and a platform underneath everything !

The wood is in great shape, just needs some stain.

My kids are loving it.

FREE !!!! Now that's frugal !

Gee, couldn't you have done any better than free?? I would have bet him down further on the price! {said tongue in cheek}LOL.

Many people will give away items like this for someone to haul away, including an above-ground pool.

BUT: be careful that the item{s] HAVE NOT BEEN recalled....or Declared UNSAFE....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Frugal Living