Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 02:11 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times

Advertisements

great haul cam yep I pulled my plants a couple of weeks ago now and glad I did cause now we are being invaded by the big crickets and I still have a few cherry tomatoes growing and that will be the last haul for the season it has just been so hot up in the 100s + and that is not good for any plant and my snapdragons are suffering so I'm sure I will have to pull them up soon .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 08:01 AM

83,518 posts, read 75,307,397 times
Thanks & Thanks!

July 29, 2016

Really?

It's one thing if you steal it, but to sit on my deck and eat it? lol

Apparently it wasn't a Tomato.. I left some cucumbers "on the ground" that weren't good... I got the squirrels trained well. Take whats on the ground, not the plant!

BTW -- Cucumbers suck this year! I'm blaming June's weather for that

Then again... The cucumbers on the ground, not the trellis are much healthier. Weird.

Lots of Bell Peppers.

Hot Peppers doing well with the July Heat/Humidity we had

Will the Eggplants actually produce? What a comeback! Do they know they only have 1 more good month? lol

Been picking ripe tomatoes for the past week. This one is called Black Krim. Darker color but not resistant to cracking though.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:55 PM

Today.. August 2, 2016. 72°F (22C) and cloudy.

Last of the Onions.. I decided to chop the stems before pulling them. Was easier actually.

In the bucket to bring to area to wash

Beautiful. Best harvest of the year

Size compared to a Tennis ball

My harvest yesterday... But wait for it...

Pretty right? Wait for it...

How about now? Pretty?

Now?

This yr is worse than last year. Bad winter coming? My neighbor just came over to tell me he's upset. Tomatoes eaten everywhere by squirrels.

You walk and you find....

Old 08-02-2016, 04:30 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,072,703 times
Cambium, those onions look fantastic! I love onions in just about anything. YUM!

Did you end up getting any eggplants to grow? I don't think I've seen any pictures of picked eggplants?

Old 08-02-2016, 04:59 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,086,869 times
Cambium so sorry about your tomatoes dear and maybe it is going to be a bad winter this year and they know it before we do. Never the less it is still heartbreaking to have some mater destroyed after all that work ....again sorry and I hope you are able to salvage some of them .

Old 08-03-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Cambium, those onions look fantastic! I love onions in just about anything. YUM!

Did you end up getting any eggplants to grow? I don't think I've seen any pictures of picked eggplants?
Thanks! I almost brought the onions inside, no rain so I left them outside overnight. Aroma is strong! + was still wet so I wanted to naturally air them out. Will bring them inside and store in cool dark place today.

No Eggplants but I haven't closely examined the plants lately. Will post pictures of them later. Thanks for asking! Nice to know people understand my challenges. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Cambium so sorry about your tomatoes dear and maybe it is going to be a bad winter this year and they know it before we do. Never the less it is still heartbreaking to have some mater destroyed after all that work ....again sorry and I hope you are able to salvage some of them .
I guess the strength is in numbers. If I only had 5 Tomato plants I'd be pissed. Plenty to go around with 25. But maybe next year I'll need 50. lol

Old 08-03-2016, 09:38 AM

1,371 posts, read 3,698,967 times
Cam, it all looks so beautiful. I am envious of your onions - I can't seem to get mine above golf ball size. They're delicious nonetheless and NEVER go to waste.

Looking forward to seeing more photos - your garden is gorgeous.

Old 08-03-2016, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickMan7 View Post
Cam, it all looks so beautiful. I am envious of your onions - I can't seem to get mine above golf ball size. They're delicious nonetheless and NEVER go to waste.

Looking forward to seeing more photos - your garden is gorgeous.
Thanks Nick!

Old 08-03-2016, 01:47 PM

As Promised....

Eggplants. Could this be "the year"?? Look how they looked June 18th (6 weeks ago)

All I did was add Miracle Grow Fertilizer and fresh Compost as they were looking stunted and about to die last month.

Ah Ha!

And another! Same plant.

They better hurry up. Getting a cold nights is around the corner in a month or so. (drop into the 40s easily in September a few times at least)

Bell Peppers ... Amazing. Eggplants to the left.

Don't have to look hard to see the Bells. Still green BTW...in August. lol You Southerners might be laughing at that.

Hot Peppers in pots. Amazing! Lots. Been picking them a lot. The 3 topped off plants not doing as well as these non topped plants shown here.

This one is a Bala Sweet Hot Pepper. Interesting shape.

More Hot peppers. Not many are ripe yet though.

The Cardboard? ........ Turned white and degrading. Weeds always win. It was good while it lasted. lol. I should double up next year

Old 08-05-2016, 02:46 PM

My Onions in a basket and my Aloe Vera plant.

Couple of Tomatoes this morning. Camera phone didn't pick up on the pinkish color with the one on the left.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden