Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 09:24 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattycathy9 View Post
Electric leaf blower would still scatter dried urine and feces well up into the air we breathe. Total ban would be appropriate. When raking or brooming leaves, not nearly as much "stuff" goes into the air. Safety/health concern.
Just wear an N95 respirator. If it protects against Covid, it will prevent your from breathing dried urine and feces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2022, 07:12 AM

6,359 posts, read 4,181,873 times
Quote:
Electric leaf blower would still scatter dried urine and feces well up into the air we breathe. Total ban would be appropriate. When raking or brooming leaves, not nearly as much "stuff" goes into the air. Safety/health concern.
I guess the wind would do the same thing for a longer period of time so perhaps we should all stay indoors❓

Old 05-12-2022, 07:48 AM

16,546 posts, read 19,689,232 times
All these comments about noise are just killing me. What quiet little neighborhoods you all must enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
For those who switched from gas to an Ego, is the power the same? We'll be buying one in the near future and I would prefer battery, but DH says the gas has more power.
I have a gas powered and a Worx blower. Solidly in the Worx 'family' of products. I have a Trimmer, Blower and Chainsaw. Of course the gas powered one has more power. But the electric Worx blower does 100% of the job. To the point where I am thinking of selling the gas powered one. The only drawback is battery life. I only get about 30-40 minutes on a charge. However since I bought all these products I have 4 batteries so I have a second set for the blower. While using one set , the other charges so I usually have enough juice for what needs done.

Old 05-12-2022, 08:01 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
I guess the wind would do the same thing for a longer period of time so perhaps we should all stay indoors❓
Right?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 05-12-2022, 09:08 AM

37,607 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
Adopting a tool that makes YOUR life better and your NEIGHBOR'S life worse - needs to be done carefully and with some forethought.
LOL!! My neighbors are much noisier neighbors than I am - they have 4 kids. And they have the noisiest dang chickens, and never even asked me before they built the coop. Thankfully they did move the coop away from my fence to a more appropriate location. There is a dog on the other side of the street from my backyard, that barks constantly, all day long - I am never in my backyard during the day that I don't hear that damn dog - and he is INSIDE. It literally does not shut up until the owner comes home from work. The neighbor behind me has a boat, and runs the engine about once a week for whatever purpose that has. (He probably runs it to drown out the dog LOL).

We are not on top of each other, but there is no shortage of "neighbor noise". I am certainly not worried about noise from a yard tool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
All these comments about noise are just killing me. What quiet little neighborhoods you all must enjoy.
Seriously!

Old 05-12-2022, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Definitely a contender for funniest post I have read today.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:28 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,147,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
LOL!! My neighbors are much noisier neighbors than I am - they have 4 kids. And they have the noisiest dang chickens, and never even asked me before they built the coop. Thankfully they did move the coop away from my fence to a more appropriate location. There is a dog on the other side of the street from my backyard, that barks constantly, all day long - I am never in my backyard during the day that I don't hear that damn dog - and he is INSIDE. It literally does not shut up until the owner comes home from work. The neighbor behind me has a boat, and runs the engine about once a week for whatever purpose that has. (He probably runs it to drown out the dog LOL).

We are not on top of each other, but there is no shortage of "neighbor noise". I am certainly not worried about noise from a yard tool.

Seriously!
Our yards are all at least 12,000 sf so not that close to the neighbors, but we also have chickens next door. Sometimes in the morning they are pretty noisy, but about once a month they bring us over a half dozen eggs, so that goes a long way to help our tolerance.

Old 05-12-2022, 10:36 AM

4,022 posts, read 1,875,920 times
All of the E-powered lawn care proponents - do you have (very) small yards - or what? No matter how small your yard is - your battery will eventually need charged. Then what? You just sit around and do zero yard work for a few hours?

Old 05-12-2022, 01:47 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,147,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
All of the E-powered lawn care proponents - do you have (very) small yards - or what? No matter how small your yard is - your battery will eventually need charged. Then what? You just sit around and do zero yard work for a few hours?
No, I'm sure they could do something else, like pressure washing, rototilling, hedge trimming, mowing and edging the lawn with their other gas tools.

Old 05-12-2022, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Our yards are all at least 12,000 sf so not that close to the neighbors, but we also have chickens next door. Sometimes in the morning they are pretty noisy, but about once a month they bring us over a half dozen eggs, so that goes a long way to help our tolerance.
Yeah eggs would go a long way to make up for that noise but I guess with 4 kids they don’t have many left!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden