Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2024, 12:10 PM

10,292 posts, read 6,813,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
Okay so tell me what you got and why you picked it. How many voltarens to chose. Stuff like that.

I have 1.5 acres. The corded stuff is fine for up around the house but not so much on the fence row. Ive got enough cord but its a pain. I do have gas stuff but I dont like them.

Ive been looking at the Worx for edging and blowing leaves out of the flower beds. Im thinking a leaf blower and a weed eater/edger/mini mower for now.
I gotcha covered on this one.

The blower you want is a Ryobi HP 40V.

Takes a 40 volt lithium battery. Blows very well, for cordless. The main criteria I have is that it must be QUIET. There's no reason a blower needs to sound like an F-18.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2024, 03:33 PM

30,400 posts, read 21,215,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecilia_Rose View Post
I havent heard of EGO. I will check them out. I see Ace Hardware sells them. Theres one down the road from me.

I looked at that Ego LB650. "With air speeds up to 180mph, this blower can power through wet leaves, rocks, mud, snow, and more with ease." The site said they have one that goes up to 200mph. Good thing they're variable speed. That will rip the heads right off my peonies.

I really like the idea of one battery for multiple tools. The downside I see is you're stuck with one brand, so you need to be choosy with picking that brand.

I figure I can switch back and forth between the corded and the battery tools. That way the battery tools wont hold me up. I do plan on getting plenty of batteries too.
Ego only. Had my mower since 2017 and never a prob.

Old 02-11-2024, 05:05 PM

1,861 posts, read 837,121 times
i got the ryobi, i like it, no issues

Old 02-12-2024, 09:26 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
I've got Ego equipment. Lawnmower, trimmer (the line feed feature is that cats butt), blower and yard chainsaw.

If I didn't already have a shared battery platform with Ego, I would look at Milwaukee tools. I have the Fuel battery M-18 drill and it's amazing. I have an ice fishing auger I can attach to it and I can drill holes all morning with one battery. 20" ice? no problem. That sucker has torque out that wazoo..

Last edited by Threerun; 02-12-2024 at 09:41 AM..

Old 02-12-2024, 04:51 PM

Location: When things get hot they expand. Im not fat. Im hot.
2,513 posts, read 6,323,285 times
I can see now that I need to figure out what tools I have and what tools I need and where I plan on using them. If its close to the house and the outlets are close by then corded works. If its on the fence row then not so much. Some of the shared battery tools don't have as many options as others. But do I really need those options.

Also I like to buy locally so if theres a problem I can go to the store to smack them around if I need to.

Last edited by Cecilia_Rose; 02-12-2024 at 05:03 PM..

Old 02-17-2024, 08:46 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
I have the EGO mower and snow blower. I have to say, the technology is the dumbest thing I ever owned. Horrible.

I do use them but because I'm stuck with them. So tired of charging things because they don't last long enough and I have to worry about finishing instead of enjoying the task.

On the EGO note. The batteries self drain after not being used for a while. This is to keep them lasting longer.

Old 02-17-2024, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I have the EGO mower and snow blower. I have to say, the technology is the dumbest thing I ever owned. Horrible.

I do use them but because I'm stuck with them. So tired of charging things because they don't last long enough and I have to worry about finishing instead of enjoying the task.

On the EGO note. The batteries self drain after not being used for a while. This is to keep them lasting longer.
How many acres are you trying to "enjoy the task" with?

I thought those battery powered devices had power for a coupla hours, anyway.

Old 02-17-2024, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
How many acres are you trying to "enjoy the task" with?

I thought those battery powered devices had power for a coupla hours, anyway.
1/2 acre. The snowblower with 2 7.5Ah lasts only 25-30 minutes and thats trying to conserve not using "Turbo" mode.

The lawn mower with 1 7.5Ah battery lasts 35-40 minutes. Used to last 50 minutes 4 yrs ago.

When the mower battery dies I can easily swap with the other battery and keep going, but one time I forgot to charge both and I ended up twiddling my thumbs

Not worth the expense...yet.

Old 02-17-2024, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
1/2 acre. The snowblower with 2 7.5Ah lasts only 25-30 minutes and thats trying to conserve not using "Turbo" mode.
You're trying to snow blow a whole half acre? No wonder you run outta battery. You need diesel power for that task.

Quote:
The lawn mower with 1 7.5Ah battery lasts 35-40 minutes. Used to last 50 minutes 4 yrs ago.
Batteries degrade over time.

Quote:
When the mower battery dies I can easily swap with the other battery and keep going, but one time I forgot to charge both and I ended up twiddling my thumbs Not worth the expense...yet.
Yep, ya gotta have a "back-up" plan, now that the grid is vulnerable to attack. Always have that extra battery, ready.
Ever thought about getting a coupla goats? (Don't knock it, goats make much better cheese than cows do.)

Old 02-18-2024, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
You're trying to snow blow a whole half acre? No wonder you run outta battery. You need diesel power for that task.
Hahaha. I don't snowblow the yard. Battery only lasts 25-30 minutes, It's enough I need to get job done if its under 3 inches of snow. Anything more and I'm twiddling my thumbs waiting to get a charge. No way I'm buying another 2 batteries for backup. $2500 for the machines and batteries was my limit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Garden