Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2013, 11:49 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapowskii View Post
It's just like black people that claim they have native american in them.
There's no claim to it. We do.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:43 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,656,986 times
I am of both Irish and Tsalagi ancestry, my ancestors that are Tsalagi are listed on the Dawes Role and some were also part of the Indian Removal Act (Trail of Tears).. I've learned my language and culture from my grandfather and great grandmother who were both Keetoowah. I am called Guhnahgay Tahwoedee...by my family..

Old 11-01-2013, 11:11 AM

1 posts, read 1,544 times
Alot of the people on this thread is lying through their teeth about having any native American blood in them, Cherokee if you are a true native American was a large trib but once the British started to take over they became rather small trib of the Native Americans and I see alot of white people claim they are native American and they clearly look white to me Cherokee people must of been hoes and slept with anything because everybody claim that lineage, I am part native American and for the people who are it is very offense when others say they are and they are not, I am of the Shawnee Mohican trib located in northern Ohio and my grandfather who is still alive mother who just passed not long ago was FULL blood my native American blood is not even two generations back and i can show the proof, when you have native American blood wayyyyy back it does not count cause when you keep mixing with the same race over and over again the Race gets whipped out of your DNA and you will have very little and considering white people take a large population in America and native Americans do not it will be very a small percent that white people have any native American blood in them same goes for blacks and even if you are part white which i am German the native American will always show through, if you are a real native American you can show your proof and trace your lineage back which i doubt many on this post can do.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:05 PM

1,660 posts, read 2,533,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilah View Post
Alot of the people on this thread is lying through their teeth about having any native American blood in them, Cherokee if you are a true native American was a large trib but once the British started to take over they became rather small trib of the Native Americans and I see alot of white people claim they are native American and they clearly look white to me Cherokee people must of been hoes and slept with anything because everybody claim that lineage, I am part native American and for the people who are it is very offense when others say they are and they are not, I am of the Shawnee Mohican trib located in northern Ohio and my grandfather who is still alive mother who just passed not long ago was FULL blood my native American blood is not even two generations back and i can show the proof, when you have native American blood wayyyyy back it does not count cause when you keep mixing with the same race over and over again the Race gets whipped out of your DNA and you will have very little and considering white people take a large population in America and native Americans do not it will be very a small percent that white people have any native American blood in them same goes for blacks and even if you are part white which i am German the native American will always show through, if you are a real native American you can show your proof and trace your lineage back which i doubt many on this post can do.
But I had swarthy ancestors and tan well!

Old 11-04-2013, 07:24 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,389,775 times
there a tribe of choctaw close to where I'm from that trying to get recognize by the government, so they came in and did dna testing on everybody. there was a couple that had like .05 % indian and all the rest being afician american. in fact the chief was 99.99% africian american. nobody on the reservation had any indian dna

Old 11-04-2013, 07:30 PM

2,661 posts, read 5,469,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
I am of both Irish and Tsalagi ancestry, my ancestors that are Tsalagi are listed on the Dawes Role and some were also part of the Indian Removal Act (Trail of Tears).. I've learned my language and culture from my grandfather and great grandmother who were both Keetoowah. I am called Guhnahgay Tahwoedee...by my family..
Your family have a very interesting history. That is great that you have your grandfather and great grandmother to teach you their culture.

Old 11-07-2013, 06:46 AM

2,238 posts, read 3,323,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocks4 View Post
Many white people in the United States claim to have a "drop" of Cherokee in them, and even seem to think this is true. I usually ignore this claim, but lately have been wondering if it is true or not.

The people that claim this are what we would all think of as 100% white people, but they claim that some ancestor was a Cherokee.

Some claim to have heard this from their parents, but most have no hard claim.

I am still convinced it is myth, but I would like to hear from white people who may have actually traced their own ancestry and found a Cherokee person, or those who have not.
A lot of whites do have various Native American ancestries.

Old 11-07-2013, 07:31 AM

2,661 posts, read 5,469,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
I think there are records kept and also the census. If people had a Native American ancestor it should be easy to prove. If there is no record it is most probably because they don't.

The amount of people claiming Native American is just statistically not feasible. A lot of celebrities claim to have Native American but when their genealogy is checked they have none. I'm sure this is the same for the general population as well.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:35 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
Doesn't that mean "Little Leprechaun" in Tsalagi?

Old 11-08-2013, 08:21 PM

860 posts, read 1,109,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelismaticEchoes View Post
They also have black/African ancestry. Actually, everyone does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy