Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 11:10 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,092,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribalCat View Post
My Filipino grandfather's last name is Fuentes, as was his parents'. I would like to find out if he does have Spanish blood. Not that it matters in any way other than I am just curious. I haven't done any research on the Filipino side yet, but I'm interested in learning whatever I can about it. When I took the AncestryDNA test, my East Asian was a lot higher than I thought it would be, 44%. I did have a Chinese 2x great-grandfather who married my Hawaiian 2x great-grandmother. Their granddaughter, my grandmother, married my Filipino grandfather. There is no other East Asian blood, so I guess that Filipino blood counted for most of it. Still seems high, though.
Having a Spanish surname for a Filipino is not a basis of having Spanish ancestry. You will know right away by looking at your grandfather and your forefathers if there is a Spanish Ancestry in your family.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:34 PM

118 posts, read 336,079 times
Filipino comedian addressing a Mexican amongst the crowd, and telling it like it is - - - small asians can't fight. Don't mess with a hispanic - they play to kill. <comedian doesn't say this, but it's true>

Jo Koy - Latinos & Asians- Comedy clip - YouTube

Old 03-30-2013, 06:21 PM

Whether people realize it or not, they're not so concerned with culture, as much as they're concerned (have questions, consider, etc. etc.) with "R-A-C-E." "R-A-C-E"

"RRRRRRRRR-------AAAAAAAAAA--------CCCCCCCCC-EEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Come on now, People: It doesn't matter whether everyone in the world considers "hispanic," a "race," - - - whatever they are, they cannot, do not, will not ever ever ever ever ever loook like the majority typical southeast asian or filipino.

Ferdinand Marcos doesn't look hispanic. Salvador Laurel doesn't look hispanic. Cory Aquino doesn't look hispanic. Tia Carrere doesn't look hispanic.

My culture doesn't in any way, shape, or form act like hispanic / latino / chicano / gun-toting, corona drinking, tequila swilling, ay ay ay ay gun-shot slinging, lime sucking, bean-eating, macho-leaning hispanic / latino / chicano culture.

Get a clue, folks - - - - - no one can see culture so far as they see, notice, or care about "RRRR-AAAAA-CCCCC-EEEEE"

Filipinos are not European / White / Spanish nor are they Latino / Chicano / Hispanic ...........

Get a Major Clue you Hispanic Wanna-Bes...... WAKE UP !!!!!

Old 04-08-2013, 06:54 PM

17 posts, read 56,031 times
I appreciate you trying to encourage people that Filipinos are Southeast Asiatic and not Spanish/Hispanic/Latino/Latin-American but you seem to hate the Spanish/Latin American people and their culture very much

Old 04-09-2013, 07:06 PM

1,302 posts, read 2,949,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ay Nako View Post
small asians can't fight.
LOL. Don't tell Jet Li that.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:28 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Mainly Asian

Old 08-02-2013, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,747 times
filipinos are asian. period. they are genetically asian (austroneasian/chinese), they are geographically asian, they are culturally asian, and linguistically sanskrit/asian with a small hint of the spanish language and culture carried over from colononization. anyone who may associate filipinos with anything else is simply ignorant and uninformed.

there seems to be a cluster of filipinos [in this thread] with the perception that their racial and/or genetic purity makes them superior in some way to a more hybridized people. this could not further from the truth. racial and genetic diversity actually promotes evolution and more readily prevents deleterious gene mutations found in more insular gene pools (e.g. cystic fibrosis, sickle cell anemia, celiac disease, tay-sachs, etc.).

it is quite disheatening to see filipinos be so demeaning to hispanics and latinos. this may be evidence of latent anger and perhaps even rage at their association with that culture. the negative attitude filipinos have toward them is a disservice to the character of all filipinos.

don't be evil.

it is important not to follow the mindset of the nazi germans, nor the apartheid south africans, nor the skinhead/kkk americans.

racial purity is a myth.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:16 PM

578 posts, read 963,522 times
People seem to not understand the OP. The OP brought up a valid point and question. Fillipinos are INDEED Hispanic, Latinos, and Latin. At the same time they are Asians by virtue of being located in what has geographically been referred to as Asia. Being Asian does not stop one from being Hispanic or Latino.

It's just like how Equitoreal Guineans are Hispanic/Latino and at the same time Africans. All of these distinctions are cultural labels as well linguistic.

Old 09-04-2013, 11:33 AM

Well, unfortunately, the general public is completely misguided.

The language of the Philippines is 25% sanskrit, lending to the fact that the Philippines was influenced by India and China prior to the relatively small unit in time occupied by the Spanish. The true racial / cultural face of the region so called the Philippines currently is not latino or hispanic in any stretch of the imagination. To call it such would be akin to calling colonized Africans / Europeans. The so-called Philippines are not geographically in Latin America, South America, the Hispanic European diaspora did not result in a significant change in the original racial makeup of the region - (Philippines is comprised of less than 3% european spanish blood - fact) . . . .

A-N-D Filipinos like white rice (jasime) and fish and wear pointed hats A-N-D

These are not our people:

Even Legislators have this opinion:

Latino Immigrants Make America More Violent - Rep. Steve King - YouTube

Old 09-04-2013, 11:35 AM

FACTS are FACTS people:

If it doesn't look like a duck (at all)
Doesn't quack like a duck (at all - - - no hablo espanol)
Doesn't have a main duck diet of pinto beans (at all)

Well - - - then quit trying to stretch the imagination and losing your voice to try and convince people.

Filipinos are southeast A-S-I-A-N no ifs, ands, or buts (white rice rules)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy