Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 05:38 AM

23,866 posts, read 33,561,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureKite View Post
This is Francis Goveia Jr the brother of my great-great grandfather and his wife Augusta Goveia nee Drummond. These are the great-grandparents of my cousin. Since Were third cousins once removed. Her great-grandfather who is Francis Goveia is the brother to my great-great grandfather. They have the same exact nose too.

Please make sure you get to my heritage today as it's the last day to get all the cool DNA tools with upload for free. After today they only give free uploads with family matching. It should really help you with figuring this line out even though you know things, it very well could tell you more. See my thread http://www.city-data.com/forum/genea...l#post53361961 and if you don't know how to download your raw data to upload, see 23andme Accessing your Raw Data

Old 12-26-2018, 08:40 PM

2 posts, read 1,290 times
Default Francis Goveia

I just read your message. Recently, I found out that a strong part of my heritage is Portuguese (I had no clue) and that I’m descended from the Goveia family from Guyana. You mentioned the name Francis. My mother also mentioned this name to me. I have a picture taken a long time ago of a young married couple. I believe it may be Francis Goveia and his wife, but I don’t know her name. If I can figure out how to attach that photo to this forum, I will!

Old 12-26-2018, 08:57 PM

2 posts, read 1,290 times
I’m Leslie Clark’s great grandson through his oldest grandchild. I recently found out about all this Portuguese ancestry I have and the Goveia family from Georgetown, Guyana. I’ve actually been to Guyana three times because my wife is from there. I have one picture taken along time ago of a young married couple, who may be Francis Goveia. Maybe some of you have already seen that picture. If I knew how to post it to this forum, I would.

Old 12-27-2018, 03:38 PM

1,734 posts, read 1,203,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjmays View Post
I’m Leslie Clark’s great grandson through his oldest grandchild. I recently found out about all this Portuguese ancestry I have and the Goveia family from Georgetown, Guyana. I’ve actually been to Guyana three times because my wife is from there. I have one picture taken along time ago of a young married couple, who may be Francis Goveia. Maybe some of you have already seen that picture. If I knew how to post it to this forum, I would.
Robert, the original poster AzureKite is no longer a member of C-D.

Last edited by CatzPaw; 12-27-2018 at 04:21 PM..

Old 12-31-2018, 12:31 PM

3 posts, read 1,733 times
Quote:

Leslie Clark is my great-great grandfather. His real name was Eugene Goveia. His parents were Francis Goveia and Augusta Drummond. That pic of the young married couple is the pic is Francis Goveia and Augusta which is Leslie Clark's parents and my great-great-great grandparents.

Old 12-31-2018, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureKite View Post
My great-great grandfather is for sure related to Francis Goveia Jr. married to Augusta Drummond. So it's that Goveia family in British Guiana

Do you know the name of that Goveia man who committed suicide?

Old 12-31-2018, 09:55 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,531,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZK700 View Post
Do you know the name of that Goveia man who committed suicide?
The Brooklyn Daily Eagle, 24 Jun 1927, Fri, Page 2
The article is in above newspaper, Cliff notes-

On the street in the fur district Arthur Goveia 26 shot his wife Matilda 25 and then himself.
They came from British Guiana about 5 years before & lived with his aunt Mrs Eugene Callahan.
Matilda was dressmaker and Arthur had been unemployed for several weeks.
He accused her of infidelity.
She moved in with her brother Robert de Silva...who Goveia had threatened for harboring his wife & who said Arthur constantly accused her of being unfaithful.
Previous week police had been called but Matilda did not charge her husband.

Old 12-31-2018, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by historyfan View Post

On the street in the fur district Arthur Goveia 26 shot his wife Matilda 25 and then himself.
They came from British Guiana about 5 years before & lived with his aunt Mrs Eugene Callahan.
She moved in with her brother Robert de Silva...who Goveia had threatened for harboring his wife & who said Arthur constantly accused her of being unfaithful.

Yes that my uncle, and and is apart of my Goveia family.

Old 01-01-2019, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Come over to family search. I'm in contact with Azure Kite over there. Here is the family tree

Quote:

Thanks. I added her to the family tree and also made her a find a grave profile.

Old 01-04-2019, 02:04 AM

Quote:

Are you seeing any kids born to Arthur and Tilla? Apparently they had at least one because someone posting on ancestry is descended from them. I'm not getting kids as a hint at family search and what you posted doesn't mention them having kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Genealogy