Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2014, 09:17 AM

1,708 posts, read 1,637,432 times

Advertisements

Sigh!!! We are in a holding pattern while the new house is being built - completion in mid November. But the old house hasn't sold yet, so there is all that to worry about too. Last night I dreamed that the reason no one would buy our house is because the paint was peeling off the ceilings and there were vines crawling in the windows and growing across the walls. Of course none of this is actually true...the house is in pristine condition. But I guess it shows that even though I think I'm not concerned about not selling the house, my sub-conscience says otherwise!

As I said in an earlier post, I've packed a bunch of boxes but have stopped that until we get an actual contract. It's bad enough having to basically live in a museum, but I sure don't want to be crawling over boxes all the time.

Old 09-04-2014, 09:46 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,074,940 times
Ah, house selling nightmares. Yes, I had them too.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:04 AM

487 posts, read 748,564 times
I'm in the middle of the house-selling turmoil right now too. We have a new home in AZ, and the IL home is on the market. It's a lovely home, 21 years old with some nice upgrades, but the recent looky-loos have mentioned wanting a more open floor plan several times. I don't think there are a lot of homes in the 20-25 year old range that have open floor plans, so I wonder why they keep bringing people through who want that. The photos on the web clearly show how the house is laid out. It's not a bad floor plan at all - if it would just quit snowing and being so doggone cold outside in the Chicago area I would stay there!

It's hard not to get a little discouraged.

Old 09-04-2014, 12:07 PM

8,612 posts, read 10,762,267 times
Ugh, I don't envy you guys. That's why I refuse to list the house until we're out of here. I am not going to deal with living here and selling.

A couple in town did it like that. They moved last October to Ft. Walton Beach and the for sale sign went up the next day. They actually came back up to pack some things they had left behind and to garage sale some things.

BlueCat I hope you are enjoying the weather, I can't wait to leave up here.

Still feeling crappy but not coughing as much. DH finally got some sleep last night. I blew off the chiropractor tomorrow.

Old 09-04-2014, 01:59 PM

487 posts, read 748,564 times
CCc girl, I am so hopeful that the dry air will be better for my respiratory system too. Hope you feel better.

I am staying here a maximum of 64 more wake-ups. If the house isn't sold by then, it will be vacant and they can show it morning, noon or night. I swore that I'd be out of here before the snow flies again!

Old 09-05-2014, 07:35 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,762,267 times
Good luck BlueCat, escape before the snow flies!

I finally packed up a humidifier and coffee maker that have been in the kitchen since last winter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues