Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 08:15 AM

11,103 posts, read 7,159,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonathanLB View Post
Spokane is just about the most miserable place in the entire world. I've never seen a place where I've met quite literally 100 people from that tiny pathetic little town and every single one of them, down to the last one, was one of the most unpleasant, hostile, idiotic people I've ever encountered. They are miserable jerks. I doubt there is one nice, normal person in that place.
Could you go into more detail? What are their miseries and gripes? Is it from just natives and long-timers, or as well people who have relocated there more recently? Maybe long, cloudy winters plays a role?

A little while back, I considered moving there. It's still on the list, but your comments are eye-opening.

Old 11-02-2018, 09:20 AM

8,952 posts, read 20,372,776 times
One thing for sure, not everyone likes where they end up moving to. That can really happen to those that have never lived there before or possibly haven't visited either.

There are those that complain about the heat in Phoenix, but there sure is a lot of folks that live there. Los Angeles is another city that lots and lots of people live in and love, yet there are those that would never live there or move back who left. There are those that hate winter weather, but many people who live in those states would say "I wouldn't live anywhere else."

IOW, we all have complaints about different areas in the U.S. and there are those that don't complain at all about where they live.

Old 11-02-2018, 01:10 PM

1,831 posts, read 1,431,751 times
When we moved back to Texas after retirement, one of our Army buddies mentioned she thought it would be cool if she and hubby lived in an RV on our property. Since we have several RV hookups, we said that would be fine. A few years later, they moved in and stayed for three years, before finding their own retirement home five minutes away.

I miss them not being 100 yards away.

Now my sister wants to move to this area, as does another Army buddy. That could be cool.

Old 11-02-2018, 07:32 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,186,228 times
We moved our family to WA state 25 years ago, and one of my brothers moved up then too. My mother in law moved up 6 months later, my retired parents two years after that, and my sister-in law and her husband moved up last summer. We now have more family here than in CA, and another brother is planning to move here or to Oregon as soon as they sell their house. Seattle and close city’s are expensive, but there are plenty of nice places in WA thatare not. My brother, for example bought a 3/2 with 1,700 sf on half an acre in Sequim for $255k in 2017. My parents’ neighbor in Port Angeles sold their 25 acre farm in 2016 for just $300k.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues