Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 09:52 AM

5,501 posts, read 22,454,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWire View Post
I know, but at this point there isnt a date set and Im getting anxious and frustrated!

Im also doubly pissed because I had more than enough money to move at the beginning of the year but I had traveled instead and also wanted to fulfill some other obligations.

When I came back non of those were ful-filled and Im back to square 1. I know **** happens but ****, I had waited for that for awhile and it just really didnt bring me much in return. I was able to make back the money I spent on hotels while traveling but thats about it. Oh well, no need of bitching, **** happens so just have to plan again.
Yes, you are at square one, in a sense. But time passes quickly. Be patient. Learn to tolerate others, and do what you need to in order to collect yourself and move on in a way that allows you to remain dignified, honest, and maintain relationships that you may one day need again.

Best,

W x3
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2009, 06:57 PM

310 posts, read 869,416 times
It would not be a wise choice to move to FL right now if you don't already have a job here--the economic situation is quite bleak.

Old 04-01-2009, 12:30 AM

146 posts, read 437,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof Woof Woof! View Post
Learn to tolerate others and move on in a way that allows you to remain dignified, honest, and maintain relationships that you may one day need again.

Best,

W x3
I tried to give you a rep point but it wouldnt let me LOL. Thats very true, Sometimes I just get so pissed off at people and wish them away...and then down the line I end up running into them again for something. But I think only my family should I put up with so much **** from. Friends need to be dropped accordingly!

Its hard though, it really is

Old 04-01-2009, 02:49 AM

700 posts, read 2,596,904 times
Didn't you post a thread exactly like this last year?

I thought for sure you were heading back to FLA months ago....

Well if your lease expires in June...there you go, and exit date already!! Plan ahead and leave DFW the minute you can, until then....just smile and be happy that you are working the plan...no sense getting your panties in a bunch over something you have no control over or a mistake you made in the past. Just move forward!

Good Luck

Last edited by 5chevin5; 04-01-2009 at 03:06 AM..

Old 04-01-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5chevin5 View Post
Didn't you post a thread exactly like this last year?

I thought for sure you were heading back to FLA months ago....
no sense getting your panties in a bunch over something you have no control over or a mistake you made in the past. Just move forward!

Good Luck
Thankyou LOL....yes I did post a thread like this awhile ago. I still didnt end up moving back although this last time was a slight attempt to do so.

And yea, no need to stay bitter and angry. In fact, I was thinking about this whole moving thing so much that last night I dreamt I had moved back in Miami, at my old 1 room-studio. It scared the **** out of me because having just came back from Miami last month it felt so real! And when I woke up I was just so 'teased' about not being there

I still dont know whether I want to move back or not. One side says "no, the economy" and another side says, "Go, you'll be fine, you know your way around and connections too." Its a constant dilemma that drives me nuts all day, everyday!

Old 04-02-2009, 12:30 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:
Thankyou LOL....yes I did post a thread like this awhile ago. I still didnt end up moving back although this last time was a slight attempt to do so.

And yea, no need to stay bitter and angry. In fact, I was thinking about this whole moving thing so much that last night I dreamt I had moved back in Miami, at my old 1 room-studio. It scared the **** out of me because having just came back from Miami last month it felt so real! And when I woke up I was just so 'teased' about not being there

I still dont know whether I want to move back or not. One side says "no, the economy" and another side says, "Go, you'll be fine, you know your way around and connections too." Its a constant dilemma that drives me nuts all day, everyday!
Yes the economy is bad but if you have a skill in which you think you have a good chance of finding a job then I wouldn't worry so much about it. As I said you are in a better position then most because you have friends in the area in which you want to relocate, they can help you out looking for a place to live and a place to work.

Now I understand why you were so upset about the car accident. Its all just getting to be too much for you. If your used to living on your own and your family is up in your grill about everything, its very difficult to function.

Old 04-04-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
As I said you are in a better position then most because you have friends in the area in which you want to relocate, If your used to living on your own and your family is up in your grill about everything, its very difficult to function.

exactly, I knew I wasnt crazy for posting that lol....

Old 04-05-2009, 12:38 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:
exactly, I knew I wasnt crazy for posting that lol....
I get a little unhinged when people become "overly enmeshed" in my life.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:47 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,883 times
HotWire...I just skimmed down over the responses, if i may add my two cents.

I was in your situation with hating where we lived, not being able to sleep ect...Yes the economy is in bad shape, but...it is what you make of it. If you feel strongly about how your feeling, that is more important than money. (yes people i said it..lol) We moved, my husband had a job lined up before we left...got here the job fell through. BUT we absolutely love where we live now, and even with no money...we are much happier and can sleep at night.
You need to decide for yourself which is better and healthier for you. Sure you have debt...but if you wait until thats paid off...what will happen to you mentally. Like i tell others, only you can make that decision, but dont allow the economy to dictate what you do in life, because if you do. You will be stuck for many years to come. Life is too short to allow the economy or anything else to decide life issues for you.
Blessings to you....

Old 04-08-2009, 10:15 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,833,452 times
I have been in your exact spot. First make a list of the things you need to survive in a new place. I mean bare necessities. Now, will they fit in your automobile? If not trim more or plan on a trailer or cartop type container to hual just what you need.
Now decide where you want to live. Get money up for a temporary room or some such. Now put everthing else you don't need in storage and head out. When you get where your going you can get a spot or roomate type deal and check things out. Now get the feel of the town and when your ready go get your stuff back where you left.
IF that's not the right move go some where's else and try again.
People today think they need all sorts of things to live with them and really they don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > General Moving Issues