Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: United or not?
Yes 3 27.27%
No 4 36.36%
Only San Diego & Los Angeles 2 18.18%
Only Phoenix & Las Vegas 1 9.09%
Other 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 10:41 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliguy19 View Post
No, don't get me wrong, I like Phoenix too. it is very pretty with the cactus and what not, but I said that because it's just in the middle of the desert. A very beautiful desert at that.

Tucson is left out often times because people forget about it. That city is lovely too.
Based off that map though, it appears that Phoenix at least has some companionship (Tucson). Las Vegas seems pretty isolated for a while until SoCal comes in. That map with the Mega regions really points out how lonely Las Vegas is.

Haha yeah! What whole Western region is beautiful! Just tops about my favorite region (after Midwest- which is also beautiful with lakes, forests, hills, waterfalls, etc...).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 10:42 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,172,180 times
Yeah Tucson is like the little brother of phoenix lol! Las vegas I brought as a part because it's not very far from either San Diego or Los Angeles

Old 06-26-2010, 11:18 PM

635 posts, read 1,540,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
By the way, why is Tucson left out? It's such a nice city that happens to fly under the radar majority of the time. My favorite city in USA!
It wasn't an option because it isn't as large? I hear great things about Tucson though.

On the note of Vegas and it's isolation: when one drives to and from L.A. and Vegas it is hardly anything but open desert and hard rock. I could hardly ever see the region becoming populated. Especially with water issues.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:22 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,043,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.D. Calif View Post
It wasn't an option because it isn't as large? I hear great things about Tucson though.
I consider it a pretty large city. It's city limits are larger than Atlanta's but it's total metropolitan population is like 1/5 of Phoenix's. Well technically I consider it a medium sized city, LOL!
But it's also a boom town, and a good relocation for "Snow Birds".

Old 06-26-2010, 11:39 PM

635 posts, read 1,540,695 times
Fair enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.