Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 10:26 AM

1,526 posts, read 1,211,364 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if what kind of experiences people have had and where. I think it would be interesting and would like some recommendations. I know that they offer haunted tours in Gettysburg, PA and New Orleans, LA. Have you been on one of these? Was it worth it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 11:24 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,391,849 times
The Winchester Mystery House in San Jose is said to be haunted by the widow of William Winchester of the Winchester Rifle company. Her husband and their child died in the mansion and Sarah Winchester thought that she must constantly keep building more and more rooms because of a curse. She built bizarre rooms, secret staircases and peepholes to spy on her servants and held seances.

Welcome - The world famous Winchester Mystery House

Old 08-08-2010, 11:43 AM

2,744 posts, read 6,112,570 times
ALAMOCITYPARANORMAL

Old 08-08-2010, 11:43 AM

10,214 posts, read 17,881,804 times
I went on one in New Hope, PA. It was fun to learn the folklore.

Ghost Tours Of New Hope
Ghost Tours Of New Hope Reviews - New Hope, Bucks County Attractions - TripAdvisor
Bucks County

Old 08-08-2010, 11:46 AM

10,138 posts, read 16,053,483 times
Right behind my neighborhood in Sugar Land is a forest where it cuts off from the typical suburb with large civilization to pure nothingness, it gets very dark with no street lights in that forest at night.

I don't really say much about this but there was a night where me and 6 friends drove on out there, we were a bit drunk, and there's a story about how there's an abandoned church from decades ago out there. That there was a fire out out there many decades ago, all who were inside were killed, and not by the fire but they had been stabbed by large knives. No one was ever caught for that deed. The story goes to the fact that a few kids (3 of them) after school in the late 80's (from Clements High School) went out there looking for it since they heard the story there. They went inside despite all the caution signs, and they were found dead days later by the same stabbing like nature of the deaths nearly a decade and a half before.

Now me and a few friends went out looking for it last summer (because we were being stupid and drunk), we were drunk and we were stupid, the moment we started driving in that forest and the road turned from carved cement pavement to sand and rubble then to just grass and no light and phone reception disappeared we knew it was too far. There was another 3 miles of a drive until we would reach it. Everyone in the SUV was scared, besides me and the person that sat next to me (The front passenger) while I was driving. I looked back to see people literally holding each other because it was scaring them...
It got to the point where it started to freak me out too, I drove away went back to Sugar Land from there, and was among a lot of other people driving, but in reality was never that scared before about a place.

If people who live in Sugar Land (Southwest Side of Metro Houston) and know of that adjacent forest near that suburb near Oilfield road and right behind Riverstone, please for the love of god, do not go out there at night, don't go out there at all, it will freak you out especially when it's dark, and you see fog on the ground... and there are so many different species of animals living there, it literally gets scary those tall tree's.... it's lifeless out there.

I have a video of it, and it gets pretty scary. I will upload it to YouTube... and then you can see for yourself.

As for that church, I was always curious to see it, but forget it, I don't know what to expect there and I am not going out of my way to find something I am unsure about.

Old 08-08-2010, 12:33 PM

4,803 posts, read 10,175,796 times
San Diego has quite a few haunted tours.

Haunt San Diego Ghost Tours

Old Town San Diego Haunted Tours

including the haunted Hotel Del Coronado named at number 2 of the top ten most haunted hotels in the country!
http://www.hauntedamericatours.com/t...hauntedhotels/

Old 08-08-2010, 12:34 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
Right behind my neighborhood in Sugar Land is a forest where it cuts off from the typical suburb with large civilization to pure nothingness, it gets very dark with no street lights in that forest at night.

I don't really say much about this but there was a night where me and 6 friends drove on out there, we were a bit drunk, and there's a story about how there's an abandoned church from decades ago out there. That there was a fire out out there many decades ago, all who were inside were killed, and not by the fire but they had been stabbed by large knives. No one was ever caught for that deed. The story goes to the fact that a few kids (3 of them) after school in the late 80's (from Clements High School) went out there looking for it since they heard the story there. They went inside despite all the caution signs, and they were found dead days later by the same stabbing like nature of the deaths nearly a decade and a half before.

Now me and a few friends went out looking for it last summer (because we were being stupid and drunk), we were drunk and we were stupid, the moment we started driving in that forest and the road turned from carved cement pavement to sand and rubble then to just grass and no light and phone reception disappeared we knew it was too far. There was another 3 miles of a drive until we would reach it. Everyone in the SUV was scared, besides me and the person that sat next to me (The front passenger) while I was driving. I looked back to see people literally holding each other because it was scaring them...
It got to the point where it started to freak me out too, I drove away went back to Sugar Land from there, and was among a lot of other people driving, but in reality was never that scared before about a place.

If people who live in Sugar Land (Southwest Side of Metro Houston) and know of that adjacent forest near that suburb near Oilfield road and right behind Riverstone, please for the love of god, do not go out there at night, don't go out there at all, it will freak you out especially when it's dark, and you see fog on the ground... and there are so many different species of animals living there, it literally gets scary those tall tree's.... it's lifeless out there.

I have a video of it, and it gets pretty scary. I will upload it to YouTube... and then you can see for yourself.

As for that church, I was always curious to see it, but forget it, I don't know what to expect there and I am not going out of my way to find something I am unsure about.
Yes, I think I know what your talking about as far as the wooded area. My friend lives in Sienna Plantation. I've never heard the story about the church though. Interesting.

Anyways, they offer Houston and Galveston haunted tours. I remember seeing Galveston was voted the 2nd most haunted city after New Orleans.

Cameron Park in Waco is very creepy (night and day). It has a very eerie and scary feel to it. You find all types of things in there furniture, gang markings, all types of witchcraft stuff and more. It's home to the Witch's Castle and as you get closer to it; you start smelling something really foul (supposedly the smell of dead bodies); also you'll hear screams and loud noises.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:18 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,938,715 times
The Eastern State Penitentiary is a former prison in Philadelphia that operated from 1829-1971. It was the first prison in the country to enforce solitary confinement and is said to be haunted. It has been featured on many paranormal shows. Every October a haunted house called "Terror Behind the Walls" is run in the actual prison. Below is the cell Al Capone once was held:

ESP :: Terror Behind The Walls

Old 08-08-2010, 01:58 PM

1,526 posts, read 1,211,364 times
These look like some very interesting places to visit! Thank you for the suggestions.
There is a bridge on a gravel road not far from here that is supposed to be haunted. It's called Rainbow Bridge and the story is that a lady crashed her car off the bridge and she died instantly. Her small child lived for a while and the child's cries is what you "hear" on full moon nights near midnight when out at the bridge. It's been said that if you put a candy bar on the middle of the bridge and wait five minutes - the candy wrapper will be empty.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:13 PM

307 posts, read 803,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post

I'm in Houston for a month on business....you SO have me wanting to check that out lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.