Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 03:16 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,578,987 times

Advertisements

How do you feel about the mayor of your city? On a scale from 1 to 10,with 10 being the highest,select a number and state the reason for the rating number.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2007, 03:30 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,658,437 times
Well I live in Colorado Springs right now but I still feel like a Cleveland,lived there 13 years.I rate Clevelands mayor Frank Jackson 3,hes not a very good mayor,but he at least acts like he wants the city cleaned up.Us Clevelanders are sick of seeing the city keep getting worse in crime and poverty.I want to go to college,and eventually get a job that I can help out innercities across the country.But I'd especially like to help my city which is really not doing well right now.The poverty there is really bad,and crime is already bad but getting worse.Unfortunatly no progress is really made until all crime is eliminated,and poverty.And that probably won't happen,so all you can do is try and make it less widespread like it is.There is potential in every city,so I hope eventually all cities can clean up,and integrate thier populations.

Old 07-29-2007, 07:40 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,088,265 times
It's hard for me to rate ours because he does good things for the city... just not so much MY part of it. He seems to do quite a bit for the more affluent areas but ignores the working class areas. He's getting better I guess but I will be glad when we get some new blood in here!(They don't call him mayor for life for nothing!)

Old 07-29-2007, 08:51 AM
j33

4,626 posts, read 14,091,867 times
You have one of those 'mayor's for life' too? I have mixed feelings about those sorts of mayors. We've had a father and son team who have been mayor for almost 40 years between the both of them (there was a 10 year or so break between the two of them though). The current version has been in office since 1989. He's a mixed bag, he has done some good things, but he has ignored a lot of important things as well, and has been myriad in corruption for years. I give him a B-.

However, listening to them both talk is always a source of amusement, they both have thick local accents and consistently butcher the English language. The most classic quote from the father remains 'the police are not here to create disorder, they're here to preserve disorder'.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post
You have one of those 'mayor's for life' too? I have mixed feelings about those sorts of mayors. We've had a father and son team who have been mayor for almost 40 years between the both of them (there was a 10 year or so break between the two of them though). The current version has been in office since 1989. He's a mixed bag, he has done some good things, but he has ignored a lot of important things as well, and has been myriad in corruption for years. I give him a B-.

However, listening to them both talk is always a source of amusement, they both have thick local accents and consistently butcher the English language. The most classic quote from the father remains 'the police are not here to create disorder, they're here to preserve disorder'.
LOL too funny! Just go to louisvilleky.org and you can learn more about ours.

Old 07-29-2007, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j33 View Post

LOL too funny! Just go to louisvilleky.gov and you can learn more about ours.

Old 07-29-2007, 01:33 PM

607 posts, read 2,981,864 times
Detroit, mayor Kwame. a 4. he has been doing okay on promoting the city and destroying crack houses, but the rest he's pretty bad in.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:36 PM

2,367 posts, read 7,658,437 times
Tearing down crack houses or getting crack of the streets period?

Old 07-30-2007, 02:15 AM

91 posts, read 140,477 times
Default Gavin Newsom is a -10

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
How do you feel about the mayor of your city? On a scale from 1 to 10,with 10 being the highest,select a number and state the reason for the rating number.
Gavin Newsom ----> -10

Old 07-30-2007, 04:09 AM

117 posts, read 507,527 times
I live in Chicago and would give Mayor Daley a 5 out of 10. I don't ever forsee him leaving off in the future unless it is on his own accord. His(and his father's) tenure is one reason why I think that term limits should be imposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.