Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is the grass actually greener on the other side sometimes?
Yes, sometimes the grass is truly greener on the other side 13 68.42%
Yes, but the new place you move to will have its problems and may even be worse 5 26.32%
No, same place same thing 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 08:29 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,235,103 times

Advertisements

The obvious answer is to just move. If you don't like it, move back home or elsewhere. As for the ladies, really can't help you there. Since you have a certain type, hopefully that type will be attracted back to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 08:41 AM

10,757 posts, read 23,858,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDude1 View Post
Now I want to live in the Northeast or out on the West Coast but people will say "oh the grass is always greener on the other side", is that true sometimes?
Any specific places in the Northeast or West Coast that pique your interest? You got a wide range of cities to choose from. What kind of climate would you like to live in? What are your specific interests? Any particular colleges you might like to study at?

Old 05-17-2011, 08:45 AM

97 posts, read 146,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
Any specific places in the Northeast or West Coast that pique your interest? You got a wide range of cities to choose from. What kind of climate would you like to live in? What are your specific interests? Any particular colleges you might like to study at?
What type of climate?

How about a climate where it isn't super hot as heck and bugs are everywhere ready to bite the living life outta ya.

Old 05-17-2011, 09:01 AM

10,757 posts, read 23,858,233 times
Quote:
What type of climate?

How about a climate where it isn't super hot as heck and bugs are everywhere ready to bite the living life outta ya.
In that case I would say the West Coast is your best bet, not as buggy in the Northeast but still subject to the humidity in the summer. So you can have a balmy climate, not too hot and sunny weather in SoCal (less buggy for sure, the whole west coast is much less buggy), the Bay area & San Francisco where it's very temperate, cloudy, foggy, sunny at times, or Seattle/Portland, lots of gray skies and light rain 7-9 months out of the year, but fantastic summers with less humidity. Portland, OR has a lot of young people living there and it's the most affordable city on the West Coast with plenty of transplants and some fairly good options for education.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:02 AM

299 posts, read 642,492 times
Quote:
Not a lot of diversity here, I am 18 and have not had a girlfriend yet, next part may be a bit racist. Most women in my area are Black and honestly, I am just not into Black girls. The White girls in my area aren't like foreign White, most are Anglo and I am just not into Anglo girls either. I love Brown girls (Latinas, Persian, and even Asian) but there are barely any of them in my area. Also the Black girls here aren't exactly classy, you have a lot who are "ghetto" (they describe themselves as this, then proceed to say they will F you up).
There is absolutely nothing wrong with personal preference.

As for as areas being greener on the otherside it depends on what you expect and what you make of it. But in your situation, it looks like things will definitely be greener on the otherside. I live in the deep south too although I sort of like the town I'm located in.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caphillsea77 View Post
In that case I would say the West Coast is your best bet, not as buggy in the Northeast but still subject to the humidity in the summer. So you can have a balmy climate, not too hot and sunny weather in SoCal (less buggy for sure, the whole west coast is much less buggy), the Bay area & San Francisco where it's very temperate, cloudy, foggy, sunny at times, or Seattle/Portland, lots of gray skies and light rain 7-9 months out of the year, but fantastic summers with less humidity. Portland, OR has a lot of young people living there and it's the most affordable city on the West Coast with plenty of transplants and some fairly good options for education.
Thanks for the suggestions but I am just trying to see if I will ever be able to get outta this place at all ya know. I mean I am open minded about living, would even move to the upper south.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:01 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,547,821 times
Quote:
more opinions plz

Whazza matter? Don't like this one?

"Maybe you ought to try the Army"

Old 05-17-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Whazza matter? Don't like this one?

"Maybe you ought to try the Army"
not going to the army, and yours wasn't really all that helpful like the above ones were

Old 05-17-2011, 02:24 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,527,946 times
Quote:
not going to the army, and yours wasn't really all that helpful like the above ones were
You should also consider the Midwest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.