Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 10:17 AM

872 posts, read 3,584,886 times

Advertisements

What's the meaniest city you've lived in or visited? For me it's a tie between Baltimore and Boston.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2006, 11:04 AM

31 posts, read 203,622 times
LA California. The rudest people I've ever met...especially when it comes to driving!!!!

Old 09-03-2006, 12:15 PM

36 posts, read 218,253 times
I have to disagree in regards to LA traffic been the worst. I just came back from a visit to Southern California and that is exactly what I expected, but sadly I realized that here in Florida is the MOST AGGRESSIVE driving I've ever seen!

At least when people in LA cut in front of you they turn their signal lights On. Here in the Orlando area, they drive 90 plus miles everywhere, get so close to your rear end that you can see the driver's eyeballs on your rear view mirror, they flash lights if you don't get our of their way - even if the other lane is empty... and signal lights do not exist.. and if you get upset because you feel what they are doing endangers your live they show the finger in front of you kids!! I'm not talking about teenagers here, I'm talking about old people too... don't get me started with the older crowd that make sudden turns in front of you and can barely see...is awful! Come down to Orlando and drive around out of the tourist areas to see what I mean...

Old 09-03-2006, 12:22 PM

436 posts, read 681,598 times
"I have to disagree in regards to LA traffic been the worst. I just came back from a visit to Southern California and that is exactly what I expected, but sadly I realized that here in Florida is the MOST AGGRESSIVE driving I've ever seen!"

I know from my experiences that Dade County drivers made LA County drivers seem like Eagle Scouts at times.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:39 PM

1,942 posts, read 8,490,195 times
Default Philadelphia WINS!!

I have to say Philly will win. Besides having rude, ignorant people...tons of murders, drugs, violence out the wazoo...besides all of that:

1. Numerous times we have disrespected Santa Clause at our sporting events by: 1. throwing snowballs at him 2. by booing, and then throwing snowballs laced with debri along with batteries! OUCH!

2. During an Eagles/Dallas football game, wide receiver Michael Irvin landed on his head, severly injuring his neck, laid out on the field motionless, and he received a standing ovation from the "glorious city of brothery love" philadelphians.

3. We have the infamous "No snitching" policy...especially when little kids are shot and either maimed or killed, but the witnesses close their doors and their eyes and pretend nothing happened.

4. Oh yeah, we have the mayor, who so nicely yet racially called out during a public speech..."the brothers and sisters are running this sister...we're running it" (if you haven't figure out what kind of brother this mayor is, then I can't help you)

5. Just try to come to an Eagles game wearing the other team's colors...you might not make it out alive. Actually, you might have security come running over to you, pleading with you to leave the game.

6. Try speaking to someone who sounds education, civil and nice...from the public school system!

7. Just try to order a famous Philly chzsteak at a certain establishment in any language other than English...and you will not get your sandwich (of course, many Philadelphians agree with that).

Old 09-03-2006, 06:09 PM

622 posts, read 2,709,280 times
detroits a pretty mean city.

Old 09-03-2006, 07:25 PM

42 posts, read 139,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cflmmo View Post
I have to disagree in regards to LA traffic been the worst. I just came back from a visit to Southern California and that is exactly what I expected, but sadly I realized that here in Florida is the MOST AGGRESSIVE driving I've ever seen!

At least when people in LA cut in front of you they turn their signal lights On. Here in the Orlando area, they drive 90 plus miles everywhere, get so close to your rear end that you can see the driver's eyeballs on your rear view mirror, they flash lights if you don't get our of their way - even if the other lane is empty... and signal lights do not exist.. and if you get upset because you feel what they are doing endangers your live they show the finger in front of you kids!! I'm not talking about teenagers here, I'm talking about old people too... don't get me started with the older crowd that make sudden turns in front of you and can barely see...is awful! Come down to Orlando and drive around out of the tourist areas to see what I mean...
Well, it must be the WHOLE state. I'm down in Broward County and they drive the same way here.
Direction signal? What's that?? It's as if they are the only ones on the road.
I've heard people say, "it's because of all the transplants." That's a bunch of crap. It has nothing to do with transplants.
People have NO manners here. That's what it is!!
I-95 is the worst.

Old 09-03-2006, 09:17 PM

336 posts, read 513,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
7. Just try to order a famous Philly chzsteak at a certain establishment in any language other than English...and you will not get your sandwich (of course, many Philadelphians agree with that).
Only accepting orders in English sounds like a good rule to me.

Old 09-04-2006, 07:05 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,266,599 times
As far as people being rude, Ashtubula, OH! Never ran across so many rude folks in one day as when we were picking up a load there. Never had any issues anywhere else in the state of Ohio

Old 09-04-2006, 07:41 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,402,127 times
Default John Street and the Land of Push you and Shove

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrshvo View Post
I have to say Philly will win. Besides having rude, ignorant people...tons of murders, drugs, violence out the wazoo...besides all of that:

4. Oh yeah, we have the mayor, who so nicely yet racially called out during a public speech..."the brothers and sisters are running this sister...we're running it" (if you haven't figure out what kind of brother this mayor is, then I can't help you)

4.Yeah! and the bad part is he wins re-election. Yes, re-elect the guy who is doing a great job in destroying the city

7. I like 7.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.