Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2011, 06:24 PM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times

Advertisements

I've lived on both coasts and in the middle of this great country. I will be moving back to the East Coast in a few months. Overall it is my least favorite place that I've lived, but that does not mean I am not excited at the impending change in scenery!

There are some places that may not be as great as others, but the bottom line is that there is no other country in the world that I would choose to live in over ANY section of the United States.

Live where you enjoy living. Be thankful that you are blessed to be able to live where you love living, some people are forced to relocate due to work or economic hardships.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 06:38 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Go to Europe (oh, and ... AHEM... I've lived THERE as well)
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Bottom line... Get off your high horse. You're missing too much.
You might want to take your own advice there cowboy.

Old 12-23-2011, 07:57 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I don't know, but it just seems that the East Coast is the place to be. It's like the epicenter of the US. I can never fathom on living in Cali. It just seems too far.
I was born and raised on the east coast and has lived in many different places such as the mid-west, Texas, and even Canada at one point. I can tell you right now, the east coast is NOT all that. Not only so I think the mid-west and Texas are better, but they have a much higher quality of life. I'm actually moving to the west next year. I'm sick and tired of the east.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:32 PM

1,928 posts, read 5,164,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowftbll View Post

There are some places that may not be as great as others, but the bottom line is that there is no other country in the world that I would choose to live in over ANY section of the United States.
Exactly my thoughts. I would never live on either of the coasts, but would take anywhere there to any foreign country.

Old 12-23-2011, 08:52 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,517,350 times
Quote:
I don't know, but it just seems that the East Coast is the place to be. It's like the epicenter of the US. I can never fathom on living in Cali. It just seems too far.
I was quite glad to get out. I love the Midwest.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:51 PM

27,541 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
It's essentially the only part of the US that has a similar density, across a wide area, to established Old World places.
Yes it is. The northeast has so many desirable qualities. It is the most urban and developed region, the most important historically, has the highest concentration of top universities, is close to Canada's most populous region, and is only 6 hours from Europe by plane.

There's a poll on the world forum comparing Paris, London and New York City based on several criteria. And New York City comes out ahead in spite of that forum being somewhat Euro-centric. That's pretty telling.

Last edited by BigCityDreamer; 12-23-2011 at 10:02 PM..

Old 12-23-2011, 10:48 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,194,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post

There's a poll on the world forum comparing Paris, London and New York City based on several criteria. And New York City comes out ahead in spite of that forum being somewhat Euro-centric. That's pretty telling.
I'm sure that does lots for your ego.

Old 12-24-2011, 10:41 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
No, you're not alone. A lot of people feel the same way, and there's nothing wrong with it.

But if you say it, then some people will start hating. Just be prepared for that.
There is that word again... I am guessing that the butchering of the English language has changed the meaning of the word to mean "a different opinion"

Anyways, I don't agree with the OP... that kind of attitude is rather provincial. I have found places all over that I feel at home and enjoy.

I guess that makes me a "hater" (God, I feel uneducated and teenaged using that word as others on CD do)

Old 12-24-2011, 10:56 AM

11,157 posts, read 13,995,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
There is that word again... I am guessing that the butchering of the English language has changed the meaning of the word to mean "a different opinion"

Anyways, I don't agree with the OP... that kind of attitude is rather provincial. I have found places all over that I feel at home and enjoy.

I guess that makes me a "hater" (God, I feel uneducated and teenaged using that word as others on CD do)
I like your thoughts on the word "hater." It's sad but true. As for the OPs attitude being provincial, I partially agree but partially disagree. If the OP (or anyone) is genuinely satisfied with where they are, that's good. It's not provincial to be happy with your life. But it is provincial to be so high on where you are that you cannot understand why others would not be happy where they are. You do see this a lot on CD and in real life. That truly is provincial.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:14 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,182,626 times
Quote:
I think most people who grew up in certain areas and are a product of their environment think the same thing about other regions. Be it midwest, south, east coast, west, mountains.

I know tons of people who would shoot themselves before ever living in the northeast or the south, but then i'm sure there are tons of people who would say the same about the midwest.

The different regions are better for different people. There's no "best" region, because there's something for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S.